Heroes of the Storm Forums

Heroes Brawl Of The Week, December 16, 2016: The Mines Reopen

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » December 16, 2016 6:59am | Report

It's time to venture back underground in this week's Brawl dubbed, The Mines Reopen. The brawl showcases a Shuffle Pick hero selection followed by a standard match on the newly re-worked and re-released Haunted Mines! You'll have to collect Skulls within the mines to summon a Grave Golem in order for it to help you and your team destroy the enemy camp. To learn more check out the official release below.

Rules:

• Shuffle Pick
    • Pick one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Haunted Mines. Be quick about it, though —you only have 30 seconds to choose!
  • Haunted Mines Basics
    • It has been quite a while since we last stepped foot into the Haunted Mines, so here's a refresher on the Battleground's primary objectives:
      • Venture Underground: The Haunted Mines will periodically open with an Undead Army underneath.
      • Collect the Skulls: Destroy the Undead and collect their Skulls to summon a powerful Golem. The more Skulls each team collects, of the total 100 contained within the mines, the stronger their Golems become.
      • Unleash the Golems: After the Undead have been defeated, a Golem will rise for each team and plow through a lane in search of Structures to destroy.
  • Haunted Mines Updates
    • The Haunted Mines Battleground has undergone significant changes since it was last available for play, and we've turned it into this week's Heroes Brawl so everyone can get familiar with the adjustments we've made. Here are the key changes:
      • Grave Golems now spawn in fixed positions in each lane, and switch lanes each time they are summoned.
      • The layout of the Underground Mines has been reworked, and the Neutral Grave Golem can now be found at its center.
      • The upper level’s center area has been reworked.
        • Additional Mine Entrances have been placed to the East and West of the Battleground’s center area, for a total of 4.
        • A Mercenary Camp has been placed near each Mine Entrance, featuring Siege Giants at the East and West Entrances, and Sappers in the North and South.

Rewards:

• Complete three matches of The Mines Reopen to earn 1,000 Gold and the following portrait:

Find out more about the new Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Dash
<Community Manager>
Notable (10)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uparrow » December 16, 2016 6:12pm | Report
"This realm is mine, Raven Lord!"

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
uparrow
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalcour » December 17, 2016 3:05am | Report
I missed this map...Hope we ACTUALLY get to keep it.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Kalcour
Notable (1)
BattleTag:
Kalcour#1211
Quote | PM | +Rep by uparrow » December 17, 2016 2:29pm | Report
Kalcour wrote:

I missed this map...Hope we ACTUALLY get to keep it.

Seconded.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
uparrow
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved