Heroes of the Storm Forums

New Content Announced at Blizzcon!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » November 7, 2014 11:46am | Report

New Hero: Jaina

Jaina will play as a frost mage. She will have an ice elemental, blizzard, etc!

New Hero: Thrall

Thrall is a burst-oriented Assassin. He will have chain lightning, whirlwind, and hammer smashing power! The dev team went with the gold and black armor look, and noted how Thrall has gone through many different styles through his Blizzard career.

New Hero: Lost Vikings

A dev confirmed that The Lost Vikings will be 3 separate units that you can control individually. Each hero will have their own hotkey, then 4 will select all of them at once. They said this hero is aimed at the "pro gamer" micromanagement playstyle.

New Hero: Sylvanas

Sylvanas will be a ranged hero that will have curses, and MIND CONTROL! You can take control of neutral monsters!

New Battleground: Sky Temple

Sky Temple is a high magic and wealthy society - no dirty commoner's desert! Your side will be the theme of water, and the enemy side will be the theme of fire. There will be people hanging out in the merchant stalls. Everything will be high magic, shiny, golden, etc! Even the minions are made of magic. When they die they turn back into their original form - sand.

You capture temples at the top, middle, and bottom of the map. Guardians of the temple spawn, and the temple will shoot lasers at enemies.

It was announced that the Blizzard AllStars Showmatch will be played on Sky Temple, so you will have a great chance to get a look at this new map!

New Battleground: Tomb of the Spider Queen

Kill minions, collect gems, summon the spider queen! This will again be a thriving culture, themed around the underworld.

New Feature: Ranked Play

This will be the introduction of Draft mode, where teams will alternate picking and counter-picking heroes. No duplicate heroes. The battleground selection will be known before you select your hero, and will be used by all ranked modes. There will be no bans to avoid increasing game time, though they are open to adding them in the future. The pick will be similar to other games where it goes 1-2-2-2-2-1.

Hero league = parties of any size can queue up, and will favor matching you against parties of similar size. Hero league has a level requirement of 30. Team league = premade teams of 5. You must have a unique team name. You can have a total of 9 players on your team, and can be a member of up to 3 teams. You must be level 40 to enter Team League.

Hearthstone is a major influencer for the ranked system in Heroes. Ranks start at 50 and goes up to 1. Winning games earns points, losing games loses points, and points determine your rank. Heroes will have seasons where ranks will start new. You will retain some points based on your last season's rank.

There will be a hidden "skill rating" algorithm aside from your rank, that will be determined based on all your games, including non-ranked games. Skill rating persists from season to season. Quality of matches is the focus.

LEAVERS will be flagged and matched with other leavers. It's easy to get your flag off, all you have to do is stop leaving games!

New Skins

New Mounts

Let's Play: Which Unreleased Heroes Do You See?

Right before closed beta (announced to be Jan 13) they will have a "Heroes 7" patch that will include Jaina. Then January 13th will include ranked play, Thrall, and Sky Temple.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Switchblade » November 7, 2014 12:39pm | Report
Slyvannas and Rexxar OP OP

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Switchblade
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireFox » November 7, 2014 12:49pm | Report
Butcher from Diablo top right.

FireFox
Quote | PM | +Rep by cfoxx » November 7, 2014 4:40pm | Report
with the new list Vikings I am curious if it will be possible to get a septuple kill. I asked some crew here but they had no idea.

cfoxx
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » November 7, 2014 5:39pm | Report
cfoxx wrote:

with the new list Vikings I am curious if it will be possible to get a septuple kill. I asked some crew here but they had no idea.

That... is a really good question. :P

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NG.tzn » November 9, 2014 3:39pm | Report
Saw some visual updates on 2 heroes also, made quick pics.

ETC - http://i.imgur.com/0ANHERq.png
Malfurion - http://i.imgur.com/CquA9tq.png

NG.tzn
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 9, 2014 6:25pm | Report
With every update I want this more and more.

UnknownPandr
<Editor>
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » November 10, 2014 6:56am | Report
NG.tzn wrote:

Saw some visual updates on 2 heroes also, made quick pics.

ETC - http://i.imgur.com/0ANHERq.png
Malfurion - http://i.imgur.com/CquA9tq.png

Ooh, ty! They do look great. :)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FourCourtJester » November 10, 2014 3:58pm | Report
Rexxar, Butcher and a Crusader in that last pic!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
FourCourtJester
<Developer>
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by krattack » November 16, 2014 9:31pm | Report
king leoric (skeleton king)!

krattack

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved