A guide to Johanna *Retired* by Kalcour

A guide to Johanna *Retired*

By: Kalcour
Last Updated: Feb 13, 2017
29 Votes

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
sandmanpl (1) | October 12, 2017 12:19am
it is ruined now after junkrat update
Santy (13) | October 21, 2016 2:51pm
Hey, nice update after Knight Takes Pawn got kind of incorporated to the basic kit. I would remove the "Not rank approved" from the title. :)
Kalcour (1) | October 27, 2016 11:24am
Santy wrote:

I keep it there mostly for comedic affect at this point. and thanks
Kalcour (1) | October 11, 2016 10:18pm
Woah, okay, I'm fixing this when I get a chance. (Talents up top seems be be all kinds of messed up and I need to fix the guide around anyway
IngEyn | April 9, 2016 8:27am
How about the Level 13 talent Hold Your Ground? You only mentioned the cooldown reduction but isn't its 20% bonus shield pretty good?
GrandPaladin (3) | February 21, 2016 2:45pm
On Level 7 You downsized Conviction, but in truth, it's actually a great talent to have. Conviction often allows you to poke more than normally possible with +25% move speed, secure an enemy hero, PUNISH them, and then your team has a slowed target to throw out dps on.

Also Love how you picked Laws of hope and Regen master over Amplified healing. Later in the game like at around 18ish I had 18 globes + laws of hope and when i did the math, If I had picked Amplified healing i only would have had 35 hp regen, instead of the 55hp regen i had with the globes.
InTheFace (1) | February 16, 2016 5:34am
In tier 1 Reinforce is also a strong early game talent as well as Indestructible in the last tier.
Dirty Dan | February 1, 2016 1:34pm
I really like this build and use it frequently, although I do take knight takes pawn if I'm on infernal shrines or tomb of the spider queen because it greatly helps with objectives on these maps and does incredible minion damage when mixed with burning rage.

Usually the only time I'll take blessed shield anymore is when the enemy team has a Lili. I'll save it for interrupting Jugs and that alone can win you team fights.
GrandPaladin (3) | February 21, 2016 2:42pm
Also If you've got a Zag on your team with decent maws, Blessed shield makes sure they can't get out of the fray.
Blackstab | January 8, 2016 9:00am
That was fun, but I guess the role of a tank has never been to be " a meat bag". You say "no CC full hp", which is fun to stack up but if you have no CC, well, you're just a ghost, nobody pays attention because only very very very new players will target you. Who is now in the meta the "worst" tank (win rate, draft...) it's Chen. Because he has no damn cc. Yes he is hard to kill, but him being around just makes his teammates priority targets with no cover. So, fun guide (and it was his purpose) but not very adequate to ranked plays or such.
Kalcour (1) | November 27, 2015 4:22am
Thanks guys for the support, I do appreciate it.

This guide is meant to be a fun way of playing a hero I really love, and any support/criticism is great and welcome. If you guys have any suggestions I'd be more than happy to add them/take them away.

As for my thoughts on Blessed Shield, with the nerfs it's been given in the recent patches I see it even less as a worthwhile ult, and Falling Sword is much better in terms of damage/sustainability. Your opinions matter to me, and frankly I enjoy them.

Have a wonderful day, and remember, the golden rule, "Rude Dudes never Prosper."
Azmoblob (1) | November 27, 2015 12:10am
This build actually made me laugh. In a good way.
NewVincent (1) | November 22, 2015 5:10am
Really appreciate the guide. I like the focus is on tank/survival more than CC and other nonsense. Johanna can really go full tank and be a MAJOR PAIN to kill and I believe that's what tanks should do not some STUN Captain AMERICA BS shenanigans.

I also enjoy the tone and comedy of the guide. Well done, sir!
LvL99Yordle (1) | August 18, 2015 2:55pm
"Blessed Shield - Never and I mean NEVER take this Heroic..It's just...Bad...Like...Really Bad...You wanna be Captain America, then go play Avengers. This Heroic isn't wanted here."
If that's satire then good job, otherwise... I don't know what to say.
Loading Comments...
Load More Comments
29 Votes

Quick Comment (18) View Comments

You need to log in before commenting.