Heroes of the Storm Forums

Thoughts on Founders Pack.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.

Poll Question:

Founders Pack
Yay!
Nay.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 20, 2015 3:21pm | Report
So, I recently saw that they added a founders pack. Anybodies thoughts on this? I bought it, because I want to support the game and just because I want to play it. I know a lot of people are mad about the founders pack but what are your thoughts?

UnknownPandr
<Editor>
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » January 20, 2015 4:02pm | Report
It's nothing new, nor too bad, just "An Early Access" type of deal. The only thing I don't like about it is the price, it's way too high, I mean come on 35 Euros? You've got to be ****ting me :/ (I'm aware that you get 3 Heroes, 3 Ugly Skins and a Neat Mount, but still)

P.s. If I'm not mistaken, Smite used to give you access to it back in closed beta, if you bought the god pack.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Valadeus » January 20, 2015 4:58pm | Report
I see absolutely no problem with the Founder's Pack nor do I see why people are mad about it. It gets more people into the game and provides them heroes to work with.

If you've already got the game, you didn't pay to get into it nor were you obligated to purchase anything you have already purchased, so why be angry?
Raynes #1676
Always looking to enjoy a few good games.

Valadeus
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Alndri » January 20, 2015 5:00pm | Report
I have to say I don't much like that. I had signed up for beta access about 7 months in advance, and a large number of people in my position were given access (so I gather) completely free. I know they're running a business here and I have always been happy to support Blizzard, they do good work, but the terms of that Founder's Pack disagree with me: permanent access to 3 heroes? I have no interest in 2 of those and the third is the least expensive in the game. Skins? Not really interested at all. Mount? Nice looking but again purely cosmetic.
Of what you get there I would really only be interested in unlocking Raynor, which is normally only $4 or 2k gold. That amounts to nothing more than a $36 entrance fee from my perspective, and that fee was not charged to many other people in the same position.
I would much prefer that they had just set a modest investment threshold, $30-$40 or so is alright as far as I am concerned, but allow that person the freedom to apply that equivalent value as s/he sees fit. I would have happily spent that amount on various characters and so forth on my own just to support the developers and have access to the characters that I would want, but now to achieve that your investment would basically double.
I may do it anyway because I'm a sucker for Blizzard, but I'm not happy about it.

Alndri
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 20, 2015 5:02pm | Report
I really like the Founder's Pack. It's a good opportunity for people that are interested to play the game to get in, instead of waiting.

I don't understand all the rage around it. If you don't want it, fine. Just wait for your invite if you want to. I just got tired of waiting.

Dark Jaw
<Editor>
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 20, 2015 5:55pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

It's nothing new, nor too bad, just "An Early Access" type of deal. The only thing I don't like about it is the price, it's way too high, I mean come on 35 Euros? You've got to be ****ting me :/ (I'm aware that you get 3 Heroes, 3 Ugly Skins and a Neat Mount, but still)

P.s. If I'm not mistaken, Smite used to give you access to it back in closed beta, if you bought the god pack.

Yeah, Smite had that it was 30 bucks for like all the upcoming gods. The HotS founders pack is damn expensive, but I bought it because I wanted to support the game and have access to it. I can see why people are mad about it.

UnknownPandr
<Editor>
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nighthawk » January 21, 2015 11:24am | Report
It's a FTP game, with no competitive advantage being gained from spending money on the game.

Please STFU about being mad about being able to support a game you want to play. Yeah it's blizzard and they probably won't go under/stop supporting the game, but I thought that about Dawngate too.

Anything that supports the game is good to me.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SCOTTISH_POWER » January 23, 2015 7:25am | Report
That's Blizzard's strategy to earn money...

Do I think Blizzard needs to be supported? No.

Do I think they should get money for a solid game? Definitely.

I am no fan of what the company did with D3, but I cannot stand people who want a good game without paying for it.

I am not interested in the heroes found in the pack, so I will not purchase it. However, I will surely invest some money in my favourites.

SCOTTISH_POWER

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved