Heroes of the Storm Forums

Guide of the Week: The Hidden Knowledge of Anub'arak

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » November 23, 2015 10:23pm | Report

Our featured guide this week is MrJPickles's "The Hidden Knowledge of Anub". Be sure to let us know how your Anub'arak games go!
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Catnium » November 28, 2015 10:54pm | Report
as a tip i auto skip any guide that mentions play time in lol or dota in the 1st 3 lines
its about time ppl realise a new game means your a noob again and experience and play time do not carry over cross game

plus i personally dont give a **** about lol or dota so it only makes you look bad in my eyes and my eyes are the worlds eyes because i'm not alone with this train of thought.
just the one with the balls to come tell you

Catnium
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » November 29, 2015 2:43am | Report
Catnium wrote:

as a tip i auto skip any guide that mentions play time in lol or dota in the 1st 3 lines
its about time ppl realise a new game means your a noob again and experience and play time do not carry over cross game

plus i personally dont give a ---- about lol or dota so it only makes you look bad in my eyes and my eyes are the worlds eyes because i'm not alone with this train of thought.

I read the first paragraph and saw no real indication of him saying "I played LoL and DotA, that's why you should read and pay attention to my guide". Yes, he said he got platinum without "tryharding" but that's hardly an overzealous boasting statement as to why you should read his guide.

I didn't find it as offensive as you, though I don't really care about LoL or DotA history either. All I got out of it was "Here's who I am, if you're curious, I play for fun but still manage to do well."

He was simply setting the tone for the nature of the guide. By reading the first paragraph, my first inclination is that either the build(s) or playstyle(s) may not be the number-crunched way to play, but a more entertaining alternative.

Your comment just seems to have gone overboard a bit, as if you just Ctrl + F'd "DotA" and "LoL", and if there were any results you were going to bash the guide. There are better ways to criticize a guide - your statement was such that I felt empathetic and the need to respond on his behalf.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MrJPickles » December 3, 2015 2:04pm | Report
Catnium wrote:

plus i personally dont give a **** about lol or dota so it only makes you look bad in my eyes and my eyes are the worlds eyes because i'm not alone with this train of thought.

Didn't mean to boast at all sorry if it came off that way. As Severage said it's just to give you an idea of my gaming background in the MOBA genre. I've played them all and yes they are very different but still have basic principles to them.

I hope that you would at least give constructive criticism about the guide itself and not just my gaming background.
Let's be better gamers!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MrJPickles
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Catnium » December 14, 2015 3:26am | Report
no objections to the actual guide part. looks pretty solid , i like the vids they add that bid of extra detail people look for in good guides.
i use a lot of those recommended talents myself ( i tend not to stick to one build but rather build to counter the enemy)

Catnium

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved