This section contains my explanation and reasoning behind abilities and talents, so if that sounds boring, definitely skip it. I just like writing things maybe a little too much.
Chromatic Essence (Trait)
- Matches Nefarian thematically in that it uses the essence of the chromatic dragons, which he created, and it counters the class of its target, which is something Nefarian was notable for in his raid boss fight. Not much else to say, other than the numbers on it may be too high.
- Nefarian's primary damage source.
Veil of Shadow (W)
- A damage over time and healing reduction. The healing reduction on a basic ability may be too strong/unusual, but its important thematically. If that effect is too good, the damage can be decreased or cooldown increased.
Bone Constructs (E)
- Summons on an assassin may be strange, but they're an important part of all Nefarian fights. They're intended to be weak on their own, and mostly useful for when Nefarian is currently engaged with its target, as that's when the Bone Constructs will deal the most damage.
True Form (R1)
- Because Nefarian needs to be a dragon in battle sometimes. Intended to make him a very powerful bruiser for a short time. Can be good for zoning enemies, or punishing an all-in.
Wild Magic (R2)
- More thematic turning enemy's power against them. Would also be HotS's first spell stealing ability. Kind of like Rubick in DotA, but toned down.
- Increases Nefarian's sustained damage. That's about it.
- Gives Shadowflame synergy with Nefarian's specialist Chromatic Essence. Takes a long time to build up, but should be worthwhile.
- Upgraded version of Block, but takes longer to recharge stacks.
- Generic globe quest. The idea of absorbing healing instead of blocking it is interesting, though, so that's there.
Know Your Enemy
- Nice damage talent. Not very challenging to build up, but takes time. Kind of sad against Abathur, though.
- More sustained damage again. 1 second may be a bit too high, but Nefarian's basic attacks should be slow enough to make this fair.
- A conditional ability that helps Nefarian in fights. Allows him to move from one target to the next faster in fights, but can also be potentially useless if nobody dies under the effect of Veil of Shadow.
- A long duration healing reduction. May be too small to be useful, but against a heal heavy team, this can be useful.
- Grants more uptime on Nefarian's trait. Nice with Chromatic Strike.
- Silly name aside, serves as a basic range upgrade.
- More spooky skeleton constructs. Self explanatory.
- Increase the damage of Bone Constructs, also giving them decent area of effect.
- See above.
- See above.
- Offers a very large attack once a minute. May need to be improved.
- Helps Nefarian chase and stay on his target. Can also work around abilities like Nazeebo's Zombie Wall.
- Makes Bone Constructs more reliable, but reduces their potential damage.
- Makes Bone Constructs a little more consistent, dealing damage even if they're focused down. Enemies can't really counter this by not killing the Bone Constructs because they deal more damage with basic attacks than Shatter, so it's a nice consistent talent.
- A set of talents based on various dragonflights from World of Warcraft, since they were all mixed to create chromatic dragons. This one gives Nefarian life regeneration, thematically matching the Red Dragonflight (the one about life). Helps Nefarian recover between fights better.
- Makes Nefarian more mage-y. Could be very good on Shadowflame focused builds, but the basic attack reduction isn't very nice.
- Makes Nefarian faster in fights with more speed and more abilities. Pretty simple.
- Helps Nefarian counter mages better, since countering magic is kind of his thing.
- Based on the Blackwing Descent raid from World of Warcraft, where Nefarian was reanimated. Can be useful to contribute more to a fight, even if Nefarian was focused down.
- More passive buffs, so that's good. I'm not sure whether it should stack with Nefarian's trait too, but for the moment I'll say yes.
Lok'amir il Romathis
- Translates to "Hand of Nefarian", which is the name of Nefarian's mace. Helps Nefarian deal more damage.
- Allows Nefarian to quickly adapt in the middle of a fight. For example, he could use the anti-healer Chromatic Essence until the enemy Support dies, then quickly switch to the anti-warrior one. Has especially good synergy with Chromatic Strike.
- More mobility for Nefarian. Largely intended to get him to fights he would've otherwise missed.