Heroes of the Storm Forums

[New Feature] Threaded Guide Comments

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halfie » October 12, 2015 4:40pm | Report
Not to "necro" a thread but I've noticed a drop in comments. I just thought I'd post my revised opinion about this change.

I still like it for its streamlining feature, making the chat more compartmentalized but in that same vein, talking to other users, the comment section was harder to find. Their natural tendency was to scroll down for comments but when they couldn't find it, they assumed it was removed or disabled. That's the last thing I want people to think - that they have no place for comments.

A possible solution would be to enlarge the comment tab itself (along with the neighbouring tabs), just to make it more visible. The tab could also be placed at the bottom of the page as well, so those who are use to comments being at the bottom can be directed there.

Hope this feedback helps.
Good Luck Have Fun's Tumbler: A Blog made by gamers, for gamers.

Support player for Varsity Blues

Receive 30% off games using my code

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Halfie
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » October 13, 2015 12:23pm | Report
Halfie wrote:

Not to "necro" a thread but I've noticed a drop in comments. I just thought I'd post my revised opinion about this change.

I still like it for its streamlining feature, making the chat more compartmentalized but in that same vein, talking to other users, the comment section was harder to find. Their natural tendency was to scroll down for comments but when they couldn't find it, they assumed it was removed or disabled. That's the last thing I want people to think - that they have no place for comments.

A possible solution would be to enlarge the comment tab itself (along with the neighbouring tabs), just to make it more visible. The tab could also be placed at the bottom of the page as well, so those who are use to comments being at the bottom can be directed there.

Hope this feedback helps.

Thanks for this feedback. I'll relay this up the chain in our meeting today. :)
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved