- elementar ability. With it you can appear everywhere - on a minion, hero, structure (all allied). It also opens the door to next abilities such as
. 4 second cooldown, allows you to change lanes very quickly.
- first of all, they give you a vision. At highest levels you can use them, to quick "Z" to some bush, and spawn locust near enemy structures. Secondly - when you get
they will really piss off enemy players. Imagine a retreating guy who goes through your mine field. Damage + slow? How wonderful!
- yay, we like it! Extra minion is a good minion and if it's a minion with more health, dealing more damage, just like locust do, we like it even more. After getting ranged attack locust will do a big destruction. However, locust spawns just from you, so
, can use it as GPS and find out your location.
- Basic, because of 3 second cd. You will use it quite often - to attack minions but also to help allied heroes in fights. It will be helpful in many situation - you can use it while your ally will try to escape or in just opposite situation. Anyway, extra damage is always nice option.
- Nice in teamfights but because of 6 second cd you won't use it often against heroes. The best way to use it is killing minions. Many liitle guys will receive damage from burst. That's what we like.
- Sometimes you just need some extra HP which is a matter of life and death. It can save your team mate from death but also it will be helpful while laning. Some extra HP to minions is an advantage, especially while no enemy heroes are nearby.
Abathur is a very interesting character - you can really build him in many directions. My build is quite universal, it will be helpful for new Aba players. It's also a good balance if you cannot decide between mines and locust. I also tried to come up a build, you don't need to be a pro to use.
- do not recommend
- yeah, sometimes ok
- good option
- my advise
- Pressurized Glands
- Not bad, but it wouldn't be my choise. It's deffinietly a good option if you have
in the team, but if you don't, choose something else.
has quite a long cooldown, and even with decreasing it to 5 seconds, it won't be you most common use abbility.
- Survival Instincts
- IMHO it's the best option. Locust is a powerful tool, escpecially in later game. 40% duration is a huge difference, also extra 50% health makes our locusta very big ants. It will also great work with
on later levels. Safe and nice option. Do it!
- Regenerative Microbes
- shield lasts for 8 second, so easy maths ( 8 * 31) gives us something like 248 heal. However, the shield could be easily destroyed, so this talent won't be such useful as it seems to be. You can consider this talent if you don't have proper healer in the team, but if you decide on this, you should definietly go
on next level.
- maybe, but it's not the best option on this level. If you want to try full mine build, you can try it. Also, it could be useful if enemy team is full or low HP heroes (
The Lost Vikings
). It also works nice with
On first level there are no bad options, but I think that locust is the best one to do some nice push. And gainign XP is the deffinietly what Aba should do before 10 level.
- this option is ok, especially if you have taken
. If enemies have
, or if they just roam a lot, it will piss them off.
- Also quite nice, especially on big maps. There is no point taking it on
Towers of Doom
Battlefield Of Eternity
but Crused Hollow is perfect map for this talent. Mines everywhere and increased duration? Sounds good, doesn't it?
- Another talent that works good on
. Sometimes it could be good, but it should be a combo with Carapce talents on 1 and 7 levels. When you don't have enough heal, it's an option you should think about.
- This is very good talent, adn will help your team in every fight - no matter if it's 1v1 or 4v5. I would go this talent, if you don't play Aba very good. Another safe and good option.
Tip: Works great with
- another help in fights. Extra damage is very nice thing, but I'm not convinced if you really need range. Hmm, not bad option but i think there is a better choice on this level
- Vile Nest
- This will really piss off your enemies. Four 4 second of slowing is very often enough to get a nice kill on a furgitive. If you'll put your mines wisely, it will be really a reat option.
- Networked Carapace
- it's not bad talent, especially if you have taken any of
talents before. Helpful both for hero fights and pushing.
Tip: If pushing, use it on Locust. Otherwise it won't be given a shield.
- it's a nice talent, if you don't have a support, or if enemies do really hard push. MULE will let you to repear your structures. It's very helpful talent for
Towers of Doom
- that's what we were waiting for! You can clone every allied hero, no matter how far you are, and appear near to him. Finally, your team can win teamfights.
Tip: Try to use
on heroes, who can put a lot of damage in short time (
), or heroes with good CC (
will let you to fly above the furgitives, slow them, and kill one by one.
you'll get extra push line! More than this - if you put mine, somewhere, Zaga can set there a
. You can use it to destroy enemy forts, without any warning ;)
Big Tip- NEVER USE
ON HEROES YOU"VE NEVER PLAYED. Just clone these you know how to play.
- Evolve Monstrosity
- actually nice talent, but
is just better. If you team can fight enemies without extra hero, you can go Monstrosity. You can control her, but if you'll leave the big zerg alone, it will know what to do with enemy forts.
Although Monstrosity is easier to use, I would go Evolution. Otherwise, teamfights will be hard for your team.
- it's very good talent! So you'll probably ask why yellow colour? Easy answer -
] is just better.
- both locust options are very good here, however i like this one more. It will help you to do a massive push, especially if you are going to take
(and you are going to!)
- I'm not a fan of that.
has very low cooldown, collecting charges is not needed to it.
- Same thin as with
- if you have
take it. Also if you have chosen a
it seems to be a must have
- this one is very nice, and if you have taken any of
talents before it's must have. If you have more specialists in the team, it deffinietly should be your chioce. If not, better take
will never be a bad option.
- nice talent, can someone save some friend ***es, and if you have taken
talents before, you should deffnietly consider this.
to chase with extra move speed from you. Tasty?
- That;s what we've been waiting for. 3 locusts at once + this you create passively! Just amazing! If you camp at some bushes near fort, you can easilly destroy enemy structures. This talent give you a lot of power!
Tip: Now you can solo do merc camps. Just wait for you passive locust, adn then spawn Brood.
and do the rest! :D
cd is just too long, to maximium the usage of it. Better go some other talent.
- may look good, but it isn't. This shield rarely safes anyone, cos mostly you'll clone ranged assassins, who should be back, not taking damage. However, if you'll clone
or other tank, it may not be the worst option on earth.
- nope, At level 20 most lanes will be cleaned out, so Tunnel for Monstorinity won't be such useful, as it seems to be.
- it's very good talent if you have team that can work as a team, and no yolo guys solo attacking three enemies! However, it's hard to use, and this guide is for begginers so it's not recommended by me. Try it, if you will that you can play Aba.
- ultra annoying talent to play against it. Additional locust is good locust, and you can put it in strategic place. Yes, it will deffineitly be a good option!
Tip: Always mine the Nest place. Assassins with half life, who will try to get easy kill on you, will die just for Nest ^^
Hope this guide will help you love Abathur. It's one of my favorite characters and there are so many options of building him that I'll never get tired of it. I wish I helped you, guys! See you in the Nexus!
PS: If something is not really correct in English, I am very sorry, I don't use it language as good as I wished to. Leave me a comment to edit something, which you cannot understand :)