Heroes of the Storm Forums

Blackheart's Bay Strategy

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spikyhead » May 28, 2015 1:55am | Report
Blackheart's Bay is my favorite map I want to ask you guys is there any good tactics to apply.

This article said
"Never turn in before taking down a tower since most of the experience is concentrated on the fort, It is recommended to push the gate or one of the front towers and then turn in to allow the cannon to to destroy the fort so as to enable you gain two thousand experience. "

I think it is ok to push before call down a canon but question is while you are pushing, how to prevent enemy returning doubloons? If you push it will take your few member team to push resulting in less people to defend at Blackheart's ship.

So, what is the actual good strategy for this arena?

Spikyhead
Quote | PM | +Rep by Finceptor » May 30, 2015 3:27pm | Report
I've personally never went that deep strategy wise on this map.

Basically it all boils down to fast stacking on chests, keep merc and coin camps, pay up when it is safe / risky amount of coins on you, estimate enemy members pay up and proceed to interrupt and steal coins.

I think that a match on this map would never be so clockwork precise from both teams that you could start to bet on structure xp differences and whether to pay up now or after turret is down.

Just keep the coins rolling, keep the captain happy, keep the enemies away from captain and out of money = Win.

And to answer "how to prevent enemy returning doubloons?" If you lack any sort of scouting skill, depending on situation either mid or bot lane can go have a peek over there, interrupt payment, quick stack up over there and steal them coins! This of course is a fairytale scenario ^^
Casualtarrrd!

Finceptor
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yojimbo252 » June 18, 2015 5:05am | Report
I tend to agree with the above.

If you start being selective about when you turn in there's pretty good chance the opposing team will spoil your plans (even unknowingly).

Best to turn in whenever you get a safe opportunity otherwise you could find yourself with a build up of coins which makes you a big target.

And the best way to deny the enemy turn in is control the turn in area and turn in yourself. Once you handover enough coins the turn in chest disappears (and cannons start blazing) and the opposing team simply cannot turn in.

You can then use this window to lane/merc/push then get back into position once the turn in chest re-appears. Rinse and repeat.

Yojimbo252

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved