Heroes of the Storm Forums

Abathur: is he really valuable?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MadDanny » October 25, 2014 6:54am | Report
Just want to know.

Its hard for me to see him valuable in any comp. Especially if you solo queue with him.

MadDanny
<Editor>
Quote | PM | +Rep by HanGPIErr » November 21, 2014 5:03am | Report
I think Abathur have his place.

After it should be kept in mind that you can play in several different ways. Push or pure support on allies.
Follow me on my social networks & visit my Guides. Thank you to support the authors !

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
HanGPIErr
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » November 22, 2014 1:36am | Report
Abathur is a top-tier Hero right now, in solo-queue and premades.

In premades you can have better ults with good shotcalling, but in solo-queue Abathur has a massive impact on each individual lane, XP contributions, slow-pushing all the time (And post-16 an aggressive Abathur can push quite hard), taking mercenary camps, stalling out losing games (Symbiote a structure + MULE is so strong at repelling push mechanics like the Golem from the Haunted Mines), extremely deadly combinations with his ults, some of the most notorious being double Tychus (Odin), double Uther (Usually pre-20), double Tassadar (Archon), etc.

The sky is the limit with Abathur; I think he suffers relatively little, especially compared to some heroes (E.G. Illidan), when put in a solo-queue situation.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » November 22, 2014 12:20pm | Report
Abathur does require a lot of experience to master, but the reward is phenomenal on a competitive level.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by Terrantula » December 2, 2014 5:35am | Report
abathur is by far the best hero for competetive and soloQ I think.
SoloQ he shines even more than some of the other top heroes I'd say because he can prevent mistakes from allies. Random 1v1 battles that occur because someone is moving alone, help them out. Someone sudddenly left their lane early on? Symbiote and grab the xp anyway. Push wherever you it fits best.
Also in pubs he isn't punished as hard for forward positions, no team communication for example where one player scouts him out and then falstad immediately flies in for example.

His power is less if teams ball up properly and use the fact they are stonger in teamfights as long as abathurs heroic isn't up but in soloQ that rarely happens and his power to help all over the place and make sure xp is soaked everywhere. Also those players that just dive too early all the time you can sometimes safe. Even more so in pubs some players often dont even know how much strength the symbiote gives and they try to dive say a nazeebo with arthas only to die hard when you help them out.

Terrantula
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » December 2, 2014 6:10am | Report
@Terrantula

Agree overall, although Abathur in SoloQ requires random players without Voip to act a specific way, so your gameplay stands out. I have to admit its a bit more relaxing to not have to worry about position.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackAdrian » December 22, 2014 5:47pm | Report
Abathur Can be the champ that wins the whole game for you if you can play him correctly, nearly every talent you pick has to me picked with a full strategy in mind as well as adapting to the enemy team set up and how they play. If you can not handle mass information quickly or communicate with your team effectively then he is more of a burden not for beginners. but once you know how he works and are comfortable with the mechanics of his systems it makes your team so much stronger than a team without Abathur.

In the end it really comes down to who is playing him, if your a beast and want to show off mad skills he is the best champ for that. If your a noob he is fun to practice with but don't take him into real battle or you will be confused and overwhelmed.

BlackAdrian

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved