Heroes of the Storm Forums

Butcher in need of some balancing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chiefbush » August 7, 2015 1:46pm | Report
Hi Guys,

Chief here. Been enjoying the latest weekly rotation and glad to see the more recent hero, the Butcher, is finally available FOP. The mechanics of the character I find creative and can make him into one of the ultimate tanks. Question is, do you think he's balanced or is he OP because players have yet to adjust to his play style?

Video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mdNHK_nhA

Chiefbush
Quote | PM | +Rep by Retsky » August 7, 2015 5:47pm | Report
I find him very easy to counter tbh. If you get charged you're either ****ed or completely fine.
If you have any form of CC/Stun, you can easily just stun him after he's charged you, then either run away or fight. When he marks you it's clear and easy to notice, and the only thing you should do then is run around in serpentine movement and try to dodge his Q.

Depending on his ultimate tho, it can be horrible sometimes, but I think he's balanced enough. Especially considering he doesn't take much damage unless he's healing.
"Never be game over"
My guides: Leoric / Kharazim / Lt. Morales

Retsky
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chiefbush » August 8, 2015 8:24am | Report
Retsky wrote:

I find him very easy to counter tbh. If you get charged you're either ****ed or completely fine.
If you have any form of CC/Stun, you can easily just stun him after he's charged you, then either run away or fight. When he marks you it's clear and easy to notice, and the only thing you should do then is run around in serpentine movement and try to dodge his Q.

Depending on his ultimate tho, it can be horrible sometimes, but I think he's balanced enough. Especially considering he doesn't take much damage unless he's healing.

I agree with that, also depends on what hero you're facing. I find a lot of other tanks try to trade punches with the Butcher and pay for it, also less mobile heroes such as Nova can have troubles escaping hamstring + ult

Chiefbush
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cursed » August 9, 2015 7:37am | Report
He is balanced because he's easy to play around. He's OP if you play vs noobs.

He's also an assasin, not a tank.

Cursed
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by victorydance » August 25, 2015 9:31am | Report
I think spotting the Butcher's Brand being thrown down on you is the most important part of countering him. Once you spot that, either run or pop abilities like stuns, evasion, or shield glare so he's not healing chunks of his health back up. Lots of ways to deal with him if you're clever.

victorydance

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved