Heroes of the Storm Forums

Can HotS become as big as LoL?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by dizzyizzy » April 23, 2015 11:54pm | Report
Just wondering. It's relatively new, but imo it has more dynamic gameplay. I wonder if it can come anywhere near LoL in terms of popularity..

dizzyizzy
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » April 24, 2015 8:25am | Report
If your quantifying popularity by how many online users are playing, yes. I believe heroes will follow LoL and Dota2.
In terms of what company can compete with LoL popularity, the only possible candidate is a game by Blizzard.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by LittleRed » May 22, 2015 8:50am | Report
Anything Blizzard touches turns to gold, so I would be shocked if it didn't compete in terms of sheer number of players. Right now it's surprisingly low in viewers on Twitch (<5000 most of the time), but I anticipate that it will soar by the time the game is out of beta. It's definitely more casual than LoL and Dota2, so I think it will be a lot easier for people to understand and get into.
Come check me out on stream! I'm on several times a week, and will be streaming mostly Heroes of the Storm. http://www.twitch.tv/littlered5

LittleRed
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » May 28, 2015 10:55am | Report
I might be wrong, but I heard that there were something like 30 million requests to get into Heroes closed beta. I think that no doubt Heroes of the Storm will have close to as many players that Dota 2 and LoL. I don't know if it will surpass League any time soon, but here's hoping! I also think Heroes of the storm competitive is infinitely more interesting to watch than LoL.

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by HoTsBuildz » June 7, 2015 3:20am | Report
I believe it can!

[comment edited by mod]

HoTsBuildz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Baellin » June 7, 2015 9:06pm | Report
It will definitely get more popular in due time. It finally fully released a few days ago, and the pro scene is right around the corner. BlizzCon NA Tourney is just a week away and more to come, it's going to be exciting.

I believe it's much more entertaining to watch than LoL as well, in HoTS it's not just one person carrying a team like an ADC in LoL can do. You all scale together, level together, and overall the gameplay is easier (in my opinion). I pretty much stopped playing LoL because I enjoy HoTS more because I don't have to worry about an item build, although the talent system is almost the same thing as it's a base of how your hero will be played in a game.

The variety of maps in the game is also fantastic, it's not just 1 map every single game. Each game you'll have different objectives to aim for as a team goal, it's awesome. I'm looking forward to the future of HoTS.

Baellin
Quote | PM | +Rep by Velimirius » June 8, 2015 9:01am | Report
I played both LoL and Dota 2, but when blizzy announced this i immediately signed up for beta and im loving it since invite.

Love character designs and abilities as well as amazing maps and their details, and that new map announced along with the butcher looks amazing.

If they keep up like this it will be huge, already made my friend and bro playing and they are loving it too :)

Velimirius

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved