Heroes of the Storm Forums

Fixing Chromie?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SDhn2a » July 17, 2016 9:04am | Report
So Chromie's been sitting between a 42 and 45% win rate for a little while now, depending on which game mode you're looking at... There's been a lot of people who want to buff her substantially, usually with suggestions of reducing CDs/mana cost of her Q or W. On the other hand, a lot of players liken her to Nova- bursting people down without warning (where Nova has cloak, Chromie has range). For this reason, it could be dangerous to make Chromie too powerful, as it could make the game very annoying for the players on either side.

In this thread, I'm hoping to hear what other people like/dislike about Chromie, so we can then try to brainstorm a way to answer most of these concerns.

SDhn2a
Quote | PM | +Rep by SDhn2a » July 17, 2016 9:07am | Report
I'll get us started:

Personally, I feel that the most fun parts of playing Chromie are the mind-games you play with your opponent- every time you cast Dragon's Breath, you predict where your opponent will go, and in return your opponent has to guess where you'll predict they will go, and so on. Not only that, but having that much burst available will force your opponents to play more cautiously- you can knock people out of lane without even being there.

SDhn2a
Quote | PM | +Rep by GeorgeGaming » December 2, 2016 7:08pm | Report
Ok so i bought chromie a while back (used to main her, now it's ETC). Mostly she seems like she's build to fortify against a strong frontline--or to push back heroes--kind of like an ability based Sgt Hammer who's killing heroes. She's fine for what her job is (spam Q and W to defend fort), but you can't push her past it. Every Shot seems like Triple Tap (you accidently hit someone else). She could be re orked, but I don't know how.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GeorgeGaming
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uparrow » December 2, 2016 9:56pm | Report
Chromie has a high skill-floor and and even higher skill-ceiling. All of her Abilities except for Temporal Loop are skill-shots and only Dragon's Breath can deal damage to non-Heroic Units. She is powerful in team compositions with heavy lock-down to easily land those skill-shots or in team compositions with a strong frontline that lets her sit back and snipe from afar. Perhaps some buffs would help Chromie's win-rate, but most likely she will be over-buffed to maybe rival Li-Ming's and Jaina's mage spot in the team composition.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
uparrow
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved