Heroes of the Storm Forums

Gazlowe - Master Level Impressions (Video)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MeatHeadMikhail » June 17, 2015 7:02pm | Report
Hey guys, today I give you my impressions of Master level Gazlowe (10+), discussing some changes, how he fits into the different modes (coop, quick match, and hero/team league), and why I believe he needs some work in higher level of competitive play, where you rarely see him picked. Enjoy & discuss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLJ617ZT6_Q

MeatHeadMikhail
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fishtacos » July 28, 2015 10:44am | Report
Gaz is bad at high level game play a poormans zagara. Team fights you blow your load with your alt thats all you have. Lanes late game no escape you die easy since its competitive you wont be allowed to lane like random HL or QMs.

Fishtacos
Quote | PM | +Rep by MeatHeadMikhail » July 29, 2015 1:03pm | Report
To be fair I went up against a Rank 1 Gazlowe a couple nights ago and with proper rotations he's actually scary. With Break it Down on level 1 he was constantly having 5-6 (!!) turrets in one spot and dancing around them, which makes it very hard to kill him without dying to auto attacks yourself.

But in general I agree Zagara has more utility in team fights.

MeatHeadMikhail
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Leedanbo » August 13, 2015 3:39am | Report
Fishtacos wrote:

Gaz is bad at high level game play a poormans zagara. Team fights you blow your load with your alt thats all you have. Lanes late game no escape you die easy since its competitive you wont be allowed to lane like random HL or QMs.

In general I agree that Zagara is a better choice in high level HL. However Gaz. has more team play utility than most people think. To start with, with break it down you can have so many turrets up and running with which you can completely zone-out objectives locations on the map. Add Engine gunk to that max and the turrets start slowing enemies. Take the bomb ulti, with right timing and combo's with allies you can literally rip through enemy teams.

Sprint at level 13 allows you to escape most of the time, if you have enough map awareness. And the super high effectiveness of merc camping is a big plus aswell.

You could even add the slow on lazer talent to further increase gazlowes team utility.

Still, he doesn't have my preference in high level HL but in my opinion is less bad as you make it sound :)

Leedanbo
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved