Heroes of the Storm Forums

Heroes of the Dorm Community Feedback

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » May 6, 2015 4:56pm | Report
Hello! I would like to introduce myself before I pose my question to the Heroes community here at heroesfire. My name is Marlon and I work in the marketing department of GIGABYTE. We were very proud to have been able to sponsor the Heroes of the Dorm event, and now that it is all said and done, I would like to know what you guys thought about it. I would really love some feedback straight form the community. Please let me know what you liked or did not like about the event, or the stream, or whatever. I have heard that a lot of people did not like the way the UI set up looked. What are your thoughts on it? All feedback would be very appreciated <3 Thanks!

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by GiGGa » May 6, 2015 9:41pm | Report
I liked the tournament and thought everything was done very well.

The only problem I had, and it isn't really a problem seeing as it doesn't play such a big role in the tournament, was with the fantasy bracket that wouldn't register as complete so I had to spend all night making it over and over until I fixed the problem that I was unaware of.

But as I said, it's only a minor issue and has no direct impact on the tournament. I loved the marketing for the tournament and I think it was a brilliant tournament for a game in BETA.

Would love to see Heroes being spread to South Africa more though but that's just because I live here :)

Well done and I hope you guys at GIGABYTE will continue sponsoring Heroes tournaments in future.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GiGGa
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » May 7, 2015 5:03am | Report
Hi GBT_Hammerbeard,

The event overall was very enjoyable and very entertaining. I was very happy to see the game I love so much get shown to such a large demographic. They could have increased the number of viewers even more if they showcased the tournament during summer, when people don't have work/school obligations. The event was truly a historical marker for esports, because of its branching out into tv. Everything seemed quite professional and the production was very high quality.

I hope Blizzard, continues this hot streak, by taking advantage more of their twitch. tv channel and have it display matches from during the week on a 24/7 loop. This will allow people who missed a tournament/interesting match the ability to watch it regardless of their time-zone or busy schedule. Also this will allow more exposure and air time of sponsors on stream.

Hope I could help!

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » May 7, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback guys! It is very appreciated :D Sorry to hear about your fantasy bracket registration problems GiGGa. Also I have to agree having the event that early may have missed us some west coast viewers, myself included, but a 24/7 stream would be the dream! Hopefully next time we get to sponsor an event I can help work out all of these kinks with the feedback you guys have given me. I too would love to see GIGABYTE sponsor some more events like this in the future and I will try my hardest to make sure it happens. Hopefully in the not too distant future. Thanks again!

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » May 13, 2015 6:39am | Report
@GBT_Hammerbeard

my pleasure!

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved