Heroes of the Storm Forums

Illidan, Garbage Without 'The Hunt'?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chiefbush » August 8, 2015 8:57am | Report
Hey Guys,

Exhibit B lol... Seems as if every Illidan player relies heavily on 'the hunt' for success. I personally don't enjoy it's lack-luster damage, so I've been testing metamorphosis builds.

I would say the largest trade off is permanent metamorphosis over Nexus Blades.

Let me know what you guys think, morphing destined for scrub league?

Link for sauce:

Chiefbush
Quote | PM | +Rep by InzaNe » August 8, 2015 11:18am | Report
Metamorphosis is the talent that the majority of illidan players take. The Hunt has only recently become more popular because last balance patch (The Butcher release patch) they nerfed Illidan pretty significantly by reducing his Metamorphosis damage by a large portion (used to deal 200 damage in the area, now it does 20 damage) and he no longer goes unstoppable/untargetable when using Dive on targets.
Call me Uther the Painbringer!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
InzaNe
Quote | PM | +Rep by Botutu » August 9, 2015 2:00pm | Report
I would say metamorph is still the way to go, unless their team has many squish which you can pwn 1 vs 1. And imo you don't need nexus blades as enemies will not ever escape illidan. More HP and more attack speed > hunt

Botutu
Quote | PM | +Rep by victorydance » August 25, 2015 9:34am | Report
I've been finding The Hunt waaaaaay easier to use in QM. For one, it's so fun to snipe off a hero who thought they got away. Also, it's a great way to get into the back lines and harass a Jaina who previously was raining down ice on your team. And although it's not really built to escape, I've used it in the past to charge to a minion in another lane to get myself out of trouble.

Also I find as soon as I pop Meta I get focused down right away -- it's like a big target on my back. Only time I take Meta in soloQ HL is if I have an aba with me. Then it's lights out for everyone else :D.

victorydance

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved