Heroes of the Storm Forums

Map idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ethan Lammar » August 25, 2015 5:27pm | Report
Who else thinks it would be a cool idea for a map

Basically it is a star craft themed map with no objective but to replace that THERE ARE THREE TEAMS. Ok i might be crazy but it might be cool you have one Protoss looking base one Terran looking one and one Zerg. No other MOBA has done that before to the best of my knowledge and i think that would be really cool. Basically it would be a triangle with a forest in and 2 lanes coming from your core one going the 1st enemies cores and then the other lane going to the 2nd enemy core with a huge jungle in the middle with mercenaries. There is no talking between teams (they should add that though) so 2 team cant team up on one. Ok that's my insane idea for the day whose in favor?

Ethan Lammar
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » August 25, 2015 7:23pm | Report
Hey bud! I've moved your post to the correct forum. I love to hear people's concepts and ideas! Keep it up. :)
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Leedanbo » August 26, 2015 12:42am | Report
This would actually be such a super custom map / mode! I woud really like it if they add it. What would make things even more interesting is to make the map much more bigger than the usual maps (this is kinda a 'duh' since there are three bases), but additionally add a 4th neutral/hostile base in the middle which are the hybrids/forsaken/void/Zelnaga/badguysofSCII. The neutral base spawns waves off monsters on a third lane which leads to each teams base. To make the game's progression more random every x minutes an additional somewhat stronger creep spawns in one of these lanes so that team actually has to defend that lane else their base will be pushed.

Furthermore to actually add an objective-like mechanic in that map is to add like a portal from which the neutrals are spawning which you can take out so there wont be spawning any creeps there for the next x minutes. I'm not sure if there should be one portal which is shared by all teams, and whoever takes it will have no more neutrals spawning or one portal on each neutral lane. By adding such a mechanic the team has to make a decision. Take out that portal which will result in more slack on that team to take merc camps and to push lanes of your enemies, however this will result in a drop of xp income. So it has pro's and cons.

Moreover I would like to see smaller forests on the side lanes where you can get weaker merc camps and which respawn faster.

Maybe il make a paint draft of this map from my perspective.

Leedanbo
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ethan Lammar » August 27, 2015 10:55am | Report
The extra base in the middle would be awesome that's a great idea

Ethan Lammar

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved