Heroes of the Storm Forums

New to HotS, General Questions.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » June 9, 2015 6:37pm | Report
Hi everybody.

I'm I Have Layers.

My MOBA experience started when I tried DotA way back in Winter 2013, and didn't like it. I picked it back up last August, and have been enjoying it ever since.

A while ago, I decided I would try HotS (It's famous for being casual, so I thought I might be ok at it).

So far, I've only played 3 games. My first with Tyrael, then Raynor, then Reghar. I loved Tyrael, and did fairly well as him. Raynor I also did well as, but I didn't really enjoy him as much. Too much like a particular boring right clicker in DotA. But I hated Rehgar. Besides healing my team periodically, I felt like I had little to no effect on the outcome of the game no matter what I did. My e seemed to have no effect on the enemy, and my w put out meek damage.

So my first question, is who are the "in meta" heroes atm?

Second, I already have 2060 gold earned, and want to know how long it takes to earn your first 10k. Everywhere I've looked, the normal time for earning 10k after you've been playing for a while is one month, but that doesn't seem to be true at lower player levels, considering how in about 1.5 hours I've earned 2k.

Also, is there any sort of pre-game hero picking lobby in the Hero or Team Leagues? Or is it just pick who you want and be done with it?

Thanks,

Layers

I Have Layers
Quote | PM | +Rep by GiGGa » June 9, 2015 9:57pm | Report
http://www.tentonhammer.com/feature/heroes-storm-tier-list
there you go, check out (at the same link) the quick match tier list also. (there are some differences)

Welcome & Good luck! :)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GiGGa
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » June 10, 2015 6:22am | Report
^That tier list looks like a fine representation of the meta and earning gold is quite easy when you are new to the game, because you get rewards for reaching player and hero level milestones. (Don't forget to try to get every hero, that's on the free rotation, to level 5 for free gold)

The hero selection works using a draft system, with each team having a turn to take 1-2 Heroes, you can also highlight a hero, before it's your turn to pick, to give your team a heads-up on which hero you want to play.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved