Heroes of the Storm Forums

Potential Buffs to Tyrande and Tassadar's Support Ablilities!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » July 31, 2015 12:06pm | Report
Hi Guys!

Hammerbeard here again. Dustin Browder has mentioned in a tweet that he, could possibly, buff the support talents for Tassadar and Tyrande.
Here is the link:
https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/status/626688413819744256

How do you think they would buff those characters' support abilities? Better heal talents for Tyrande? Bigger base shields for Tassadar?

I believe that it would be a very welcome change. I think when they created Tyrande/Tassadar, I get the feeling that they intended to make characters that were kinda half support, half damage. But over time I feel like they have evolved into mostly damage characters because of their optimal talents. Personally I think a better classification for Tyrande would be an assassin, because of her strong ganking ability and limited healing.

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by Gospel » July 31, 2015 2:15pm | Report
Tyrande's major problem is that she has so many generic talents. At level 4, she only has one truly unique talent (Pierce) and 3 generics with 1 tailored generic (Searing Arrows). Half the talents at leve 7 and 13 are generic ones. About 40% of Tyrande's talents are generic ones. Although generic talents are not necessarily bad, it is excessive and lazy. I think Blizzard should continue to expand on Tyrande's abilities as a damage support. With alot of healing supports, it would be better to have Tyrande more capable at improving her team's damage output to be comparable to the healing from a healing support.

My gripe with Tassadar is that he feels poorly designed based on Blizzard's own hero classifications. As a support, he really only has one support ability (Plasma Shields) and to an extent Force Wall for utility. Blizzard seems to have simply put the most iconic Protoss abilities onto Tassadar (Plasma Shields, Force Field, Psionic Storm, Archon). I would like to see them change Dimensional Shift into a support ability so that it can be casted on Allied Heroes, which has been suggested by some other people also. Of course, they would have to reduce the duration to like 0.5 seconds and change the existing Talents for the ability. Doing this provides Tassadar with an additional Support ability because it never made sense for a Support Hero to have abilities that only benefited himself.

Gospel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chamber7 » August 1, 2015 9:56am | Report
Gospel wrote:

Tyrande's major problem is that she has so many generic talents. At level 4, she only has one truly unique talent (Pierce) and 3 generics with 1 tailored generic (Searing Arrows). Half the talents at leve 7 and 13 are generic ones. About 40% of Tyrande's talents are generic ones. Although generic talents are not necessarily bad, it is excessive and lazy. I think Blizzard should continue to expand on Tyrande's abilities as a damage support. With alot of healing supports, it would be better to have Tyrande more capable at improving her team's damage output to be comparable to the healing from a healing support.

^^

I really enjoy Tyrande's style of improving damage output. I hope the buffs come in the form of unique talents that are oriented in taht direction.

Chamber7
Quote | PM | +Rep by FlyingUltra » August 1, 2015 11:17am | Report
I think they can be successful hybrids, but Tyrande needs more uniqueness. Maybe link her trait to targets hit by her owl basic ability. Then give her a new trait Shadowform: Tyrande gains stealth while out of combat for 3 seconds and immobile.

Tassadar needs another support ability, hologram anyone?

FlyingUltra
Quote | PM | +Rep by Botutu » August 2, 2015 3:08pm | Report
Tbh. I think Tyrande is fine. I play her every now and than and she deals oke damage, her heals on allies are good enough and her stun can turn fights into your favor.

However Tassadar really needs a change!
His damage is ****, his heal/shields are even more ****, dimensional is oke but it would make him so much more better if he could use it on allies like Gospel already stated. His ulties are just trolskills. Only reason I would ever pick him in ranked is if the enemy has both nova and zera...

Botutu
Quote | PM | +Rep by victorydance » August 24, 2015 4:30pm | Report
I agree with the fact that there are just too many generic abilities on Tyrande. I love how she takes a lot of practice to master with all her skill shots, but would love to see more talents like Trueshot Aura that provide entirely unique ways to buff your team.

Also please please please let's do something about Shadow Stalk...

victorydance
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » August 25, 2015 5:10am | Report
Fully agree about Tyrande's talents, but I think she is still okay. I'd say Tassadar needs much more improvement of the two. Man, Tyrande could definitely be much more interesting with some TLC. I'm hoping that they're putting a bit of time into both of them; they just have so much potential!
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved