Heroes of the Storm Forums

Ranks removed and Placement Matches to be implemented.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by RunningMan » August 7, 2015 6:49pm | Report
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm livid on their introduction of placement matches and removing past rank. Goodbye Rank 1 you will be missed. http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19829511/conversations-around-the-community-ranked-play-v2-8-7-2015

Why are they not resting the MMR as well though if their just going to place everyone in these placement matches?

RunningMan
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » August 7, 2015 9:39pm | Report
To be fair, this is very standard practice. Hearthstone resets monthly, WoW arena ratings reset every so often, along with anything still being alpha/beta tested. It's common to have several wipes, especially when something is in a pre-season form. Just remember, it's all for the best in the long run! I do understand the frustration of losing Rank 1, though. :(
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by InzaNe » August 10, 2015 3:45pm | Report
Also not that this is just standard practice in many other games, it 100% needs to be done.

Rank 1 means absolutely nothing in terms of actually rating the top players in the game. Rank 1 should not be attainable by "everyone" it should be left for those who are actually the top in the games MMR system.

Of course that will be left for the Grandmaster rank which is great - but even so as it stands right now Rank 1 means absolutely nothing other than you grinded a lot of games and won more than you lost.
Call me Uther the Painbringer!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
InzaNe
Quote | PM | +Rep by Botutu » August 12, 2015 1:14pm | Report
Tbh it didn't take me that long to get rank 1. I would rather see a better hero league system and actually be proud of getting to diamond or masters league (aka SCII), than getting rank 1 this easily, I mean I aint even that good or play that much :)

Botutu
Quote | PM | +Rep by InzaNe » August 12, 2015 9:24pm | Report
Botutu wrote:

Tbh it didn't take me that long to get rank 1. I would rather see a better hero league system and actually be proud of getting to diamond or masters league (aka SCII), than getting rank 1 this easily, I mean I aint even that good or play that much :)

100% agree with this. While I've not yet reached rank 1 - I've easily climbed close and I'm fairly casual on the subjective of MOBA's, I mean I've played them for years but I've always been an FPS guy until HoTS came out - this game actually makes me want to climb the ranks and I'd like it to be at least a significant measure of ability/skill rather than just an arbitrary number.
Call me Uther the Painbringer!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
InzaNe
Quote | PM | +Rep by Leedanbo » August 13, 2015 3:09am | Report
I actually think if they would make something similar to lol or something would be fine. In lol you really see a difference between gold and plat. players.

Leedanbo
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved