Heroes of the Storm Forums

Science of the Storm #7 - Kael'thas Special!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SunGlare » May 16, 2015 9:52am | Report
It is that time again!

This week we had a new addition to the Heroes of the Storm roster, and boy did he make a big impact on the community!

Fan favorite, bearer of the "Loki effect", fire mage extraordinaire, it is the one, the only
Kael'thas Sunstrider!

Being his release week, and being such a big name in the hearts of many WarCraft players, it only felt appropriate to dedicate an entire episode to the Sun King himself.

Talent explanations, combos theorycrafting and a super fast Lightning round at the end!

As always, a huge "thank you" goes to Teiwaz and Exvin, for letting me fry them over and over with my Pyroblast.

Hope you guys enjoy it, mucho amor.

SunGlare.

Submit your questions at
[email protected]
Social Media:
www.facebook.com/SunGlareHOTS
www.twitter.com/SunGlareHOTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzS_QVESgEA

SunGlare
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » May 20, 2015 12:13pm | Report
Yay! More science! My favorite part of the week!

Great episode, I really appreciate the work you put into these vids. Also enjoyed the lightning round near the end of the episode.

Thanks again!
-Hammerbeard

edit, P.S. Why do so many pubs take the phoenix?

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » May 20, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Phoenix is often better IMO, but it depends on team comps. If the enemy team is Muradin, Illidan, Tassadar, Brightwing, Jaina, I'm going to pick Phoenix 10/10 times.

Although the fireball is a pyro-blast to use, I think most times you have limited targets and its range makes it difficult to get off in a teamfight without being interrupted.

I enjoyed the episode! I wish I sent in my question sooner, as it related to Pyroblast.

Keep it up!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » May 21, 2015 10:12am | Report
Severage wrote:

Although the fireball is a pyro-blast to use

......nice

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dotdson » May 22, 2015 9:06am | Report
Severage wrote:

Phoenix is often better IMO, but it depends on team comps. If the enemy team is Muradin, Illidan, Tassadar, Brightwing, Jaina, I'm going to pick Phoenix 10/10 times.

Although the fireball is a pyro-blast to use, I think most times you have limited targets and its range makes it difficult to get off in a teamfight without being interrupted.

I agree that phoenix is far better than pyroblast most of the time, but for those reading this with maybe less HOTS experience, remember to take team comps into consideration when choosing a talent.

For instance:

The enemy team has an illidan, and your team only has a zeratul. Zeratual cannot blow up Illidan, because Illidan will simply press e and continue to jump away until he reaches the safety of his teammates. This leaves you to be the self-proclaimed Illidan-eraser. Hide in the bushes and pyroblast your way to victory.
-- Blightwing OP --

Dotdson
Quote | PM | +Rep by SunGlare » May 24, 2015 3:59pm | Report
Phoenix is indeed superior in many circumstances.

I will pick it 9 times out of 10 on Sky Temple and other King-of-the-hill style maps!

Thank you all so much for your feedback <3

SunGlare
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved