Heroes of the Storm Forums

Some questions on the changes soon to team league and then some

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by shAdE2015 » August 8, 2015 1:03am | Report
So I read that team league and hero league will be put together into a new thing called "rank play". if you have a party of 4 or more you will likely que up against other "teams who have chosen to do the same. If you que solo or up to 3 you will be placed in a game with players who also did the same yes? What is going to happen to the ranking system? Will it be restet for everybody? and If there is no team league will a group of 5 still a ranking system where they will earn a rank as a team instead of individualy?

Also another thing, underground tournements? are these real? where can i sign up? how do they work? is there a way to make cash playing against other players through HOts? thanks all

shAdE2015
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » August 8, 2015 1:12am | Report
The ranks will be reset for everyone, yes. A full group will earn team rank, queueing four or less will earn individual.

I'm not really sure about underground tournaments; I'm sure they exist. Maybe someone else can shed light on that!
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by InzaNe » August 8, 2015 1:21am | Report
Only your rank will be reset, meaning the number on your profile, not your internal MMR or anything (this is hidden of course to players in-game) but to give perspective - your HOTSLogs profile will remain the same, but your Rank 1 or Rank 10 or whatever rank you are, will be reset to Rank 50.

Once the patch is deployed, you will have to play placement matches to determine what rank you'll be to start the climb (eg start at rank 30, move up from there) or maybe to speed up how fast you rank up? At least thats what I assume. A solo queue, duo-queue, trio-queue or a quad-queue (1-4 players) will be ranked through Hero League(individual ranks), a 5 stack will be ranked through Team League(team ranks) with that roster. No more purchasing a team for 500gold in game.

As for tournaments, you can find a league like ESL or you can play in smaller tournaments like TownHall Heroes or whatever is going around the community. If you're big on the game I suggest subscribing to the subreddit as well as a lot of news passes through there, no matter if its big scale news or small tournament news, you'll see a thread about it cause of the large user base.
Call me Uther the Painbringer!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
InzaNe

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved