Heroes of the Storm Forums

Suggestions for Heroes of the Storm

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.

Poll Question:

Would you like to see these suggestions beeing implemented?
Yes
No
You are stupid
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Koyxen » September 9, 2017 3:10am | Report
Hi, guys. I hope, you won't find my wordings too silly, but here are some suggestions for the game I have to offer:

1. Talents and A.I.
Give an option to players to choose, which talents A.I. will pick, if a player were to disconnect, and A.I. were to take control of their hero. I would just add a checkbox to every talent in the «Talents» window (one, that complements «Loadout» window).
2. Disconnects and Updates
Let the disconnected player an option to immediately rejoin the match, even if new Heroes of the Storm or Battle.net updates became available, while this player was in the game. For some, updates take drastic amount of time to download and apply. Since players, who are still in the match, which disconnected player left, can be unaffected by the updates, I don't see, why disconnected player can't.
3. Match Loading Screen
Add a throbber to a match loading screen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throbber). Most of the time, loading bars under each player's avatar barely move twice during loading, while loading can take up to minutes. I know, that Blizzard's games don't have this, but every major multiplayer game has it's visual ways of telling, that it's still working and not frozen during loading, while HotS doesn't. You will have to respect player's quality of life seriously, even small things like this, if you want to be taken seriously as a competitive game.

Koyxen
BattleTag:
Koyxen#2287
Quote | PM | +Rep by aLatso » September 9, 2017 4:12am | Report
I would add the option to disable the player from seeing anything but the default skin of a hero.

In my opinion some skins are totally changing how a hero appears and might cause confusion.
The name is Latso and I have been playing a multitude of competitive pc games online for many years. The moment I heard about hots, it would become a match made in heaven and playing it would become my top priority. Since, I have been playing the game for quite a while now and have a lot of experience under my belt I took it upon myself to create hero concepts for the community.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
aLatso
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Koyxen » September 9, 2017 4:19am | Report
aLatso wrote:

I would add the option to disable the player from seeing anything but the default skin of a hero.

In my opinion some skins are totally changing how a hero appears and might cause confusion.

I'm pretty sure, this will never happen, since half the point of having a skin is ability to show it to others. People will have less desire to buy skins. It is just anti-profit for the company.

Koyxen
BattleTag:
Koyxen#2287
Quote | PM | +Rep by aLatso » September 9, 2017 8:33am | Report
true
The name is Latso and I have been playing a multitude of competitive pc games online for many years. The moment I heard about hots, it would become a match made in heaven and playing it would become my top priority. Since, I have been playing the game for quite a while now and have a lot of experience under my belt I took it upon myself to create hero concepts for the community.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
aLatso
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by aLatso » September 12, 2017 10:47pm | Report
Koyxen wrote:

I'm pretty sure, this will never happen, since half the point of having a skin is ability to show it to others. People will have less desire to buy skins. It is just anti-profit for the company.

Have it be an option in the settings, then.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
aLatso
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved