Heroes of the Storm Forums

Tales of the Lost Vikings Series.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zlex » June 5, 2015 2:33am | Report
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

If you were one of those who checked out the start of the 3 episode and enjoyed it, here's the collected episodes and extra thoughts on how I improved as a Lost Vikings player and also a few tips as to how you can improve your Lost Vikings play, if you are extremely new to them.

Rank 1 has now been obtained! Shortley after uploading the video, whats even more delicious is that I was playing with The Lost Vikings when it happened!

Show off Image:

Game Stats:

For those who are seeing this for the first time, I made a series very early in my Heroes of the Storm experience, where I wanted to improve as much as I could with The Lost Vikings. I then uploaded these videos that shows my stages of improvement, which I hope some of you guys will enjoy and hopefully start playing some Lost Vikings yourselves!

Episodes

Ep#1

Extra tips

What I find scares the most people about playing The Lost Vikings is the "multitasking" when you split them into lanes. Luckily for me, I come from a background of high level RTS gaming and semi high Dota 2 (Used to play meepo all the time, even made a 30 game challenge with him). But for those who are new to the multi laning experience here's a tip that I definitely recommend you using.

In the beginning to learn the hotkeys and such with The Lost Vikings, I numbered the lanes I had to soak XP in, let's say I was going to do Top and Mid. I then gave those lanes the numbers 1 and 2 in my head, then I paired Olaf with Baelog (which has the hotkeys 1 - 2) to go top and I then chose Erik to go mid alone (hotkey 3). This way, I remembered if I wanted to look top, all I had to do was click on 1 twice and if I had to look mid, I just pressed 3 twice. If you are in a situation where you have to split the vikings on all 3 lanes, you can use this method aswell. Olaf top (hotkey 1 Lane 1), Baelog mid (hotkey 2 Lane 2) and Erik Bot (hotkey 3 Lane 3).
A few games like that, and you should definitely feel comfortable switching between lanes and so on.

Another tip which I recieved after releasing my first episode, was keep switching camera to your different lanes in search of Health Globes. Since usually you pick the Globe Hoarding talent, which provides extra HP regen per health globe, farming these will greatly increase your survivability and XP contribution sustain.

Last but not least! Knowing when to team fight and not to team fight. This is a more difficult one to master, one that I have yet to be completely solid at. When you have played a fair amount of games as The Lost Vikings you will get a feel of when to enter a fight and not to. Usually in the very early stages you are quite useless, and are better off soaking all the delicious XP while your team is playing around the the enemy team. Of course there's always exceptions, and those are sometimes hard to spot, but if you keep playing and you have a team that helps you out (asks for your assistance when it's needed) it definitely won't be as challenging as it could be!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Get VIKINGNING!

Kind Regards
Zlex
Kind Regards Zlex

For great gaming content, click here.

Zlex
Quote | PM | +Rep by HoTsBuildz » June 7, 2015 3:17am | Report
Nice, love the video!

[comment edited by mod]

HoTsBuildz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Unforgotten » June 9, 2015 7:42am | Report
My respect.. i am usually a sylvanas player but started now to play around with the vikings.. they are alot of fun but a complete think around what ive done before. After i watched your Videos i think i do understand them more. I am not so high ranked like u (playing around rank 10-15), so thats maybe the reason sometimes it feels like my team cant play with the vikings. Dunno i tell them i will soak and they split onto all lanes and flaming me for not getting into teamfights in early game..

so just thanks. i really enjoyed watching a true master of the vikings :D

Unforgotten

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved