Heroes of the Storm Forums

The importance of map objectives.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by JustinCupcake » May 19, 2015 10:45am | Report
One thing i love bout HOTS is the objectives on each map. That being said I do not understand why most of the pug groups I play in in quick matches or when none of my friends and teammates are on. Objectives are pretty crucial to solid victories as far as I have discovered and more so doing them makes for funner team fights on both sides of the field. I can not fathom why everyone ignores them as much as they do and just Zerg and push. I don't know how many times I have one a game because I pushed camps or objectives or bosses, even at end game they add for enough strees on the other sides lanes to makes for smooth or strong pushes at crucial times. It's also a good thing to force a player to ult earlier than they would have liked to. I just think players need to focus more on map objectives.
Owning face Tuesday-Saturday 9pm-2pm EST on Twitch
Actually I'm pretty new at the game but love it any advice or friendship or support would be great!

JustinCupcake
Quote | PM | +Rep by LittleRed » May 22, 2015 11:44am | Report
I agree that people often don't pay enough to objectives - they are a huge boost, and really important.

I can't speak for everyone or every situation, but there are some occasions where it's just not wise to book it for the objective though. My rule is, if you're probably not going to get it, don't go for it. Get the next one instead.

Probably the people you're being QM-ed with literally started on open beta release that day, so it's most likely they're just not understanding the importance of them - but there are some cases where it's just not a good time to go for it yet. In the case of the former, just communicate with them in chat, or by pinging!

(Ps. the link to your Twitch stream in your signature is broken - just thought you should know! :) )
Come check me out on stream! I'm on several times a week, and will be streaming mostly Heroes of the Storm. http://www.twitch.tv/littlered5

LittleRed
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » May 28, 2015 11:45am | Report
I gotta agree, I wish more pubs that I get qued with go for objectives as well. I understand that there are times when it is ok to let an objective go and go for a boss camp or a good push, but its hard to get that communication out quickly over text chat.

Also, I hage when you get a bot from an afk guy, and the bot also never or rarely goes for the objectives :(

GBT_Hammerbeard

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved