Heroes of the Storm Forums

Thoughts on Thrall

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.

Poll Question:

Hes overpowered.
Yay!
Nay.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 21, 2015 4:31pm | Report
So, I see alot of people saying Thrall is overpowered or Thrall is powerful, but ok. What are your opinions?

UnknownPandr
<Editor>
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » January 21, 2015 7:38pm | Report
While I hate to call new characters OP, an assassin with that kind of sustain without giving up damage just doesn't work. He has good CC, Great Damage and Great sustain, especially with the fact that the windfury basics proc his passive. He just seems to have access to everything, which while that can ok in a game like Hots, he doesn't give up anything in return. He doesn't do QUITE as much damage as other assassins, but he certainly doesn't lack it. I think he just needs some way to not be not only a knower of all, but a master of all as well.

Swampmist1142
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » January 21, 2015 8:51pm | Report
IMO, it's simply his interaction (or "synergy") between the 7, 13, and 16 talents that makes him seem over the top.

Without being able to get 2 passive procs (40% HP) off every 3 seconds, he's much weaker.

I used a build earlier today with Envenom over Mana Tide and Frostwolf's Grace over Battle Momentum. It was solid and didn't feel OP at all. Normally when I hit 16 I feel like I'm a demigod.

I would like his other builds to be made viable and THEN his windfury build toned down (this is probably over-simplistic, but imo just remove battle momentum).

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kunem » January 22, 2015 9:23am | Report
If Thrall is your opponent you have to take kiting/stun talents. Windfury build is what you are countering. This game isn't about mastering 1 hero, it's about knowing every single hero's strengths and weaknesses.

Kunem
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » January 22, 2015 9:34am | Report
A new Hero will always overpowered, simply because players dont know his abilities fully and how to counter them. Wait 2 weeks and we will see.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by deathKamp » January 29, 2015 4:03pm | Report
ALl you need is 2 heroes with CC/kite ability and Thrall is dead... stop him from attacking, and he goes down very quickly.

deathKamp
Quote | PM | +Rep by SCOTTISH_POWER » February 2, 2015 3:35am | Report
deathKamp wrote:

ALl you need is 2 heroes with CC/kite ability and Thrall is dead... stop him from attacking, and he goes down very quickly.

... but even if you do that, "wasting" two heroes on him, he has done a good job, because, the enemy team will have 4 vs 3 during that time.

That's what I like about this game, you have to think as a team.

SCOTTISH_POWER
Quote | PM | +Rep by deathKamp » February 2, 2015 7:27am | Report
You havent played many MOBAs have you?

There is always someone you need to focus down.

deathKamp

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved