Heroes of the Storm Forums

Tyrael weird talent pick up

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by RaphaelSorel » March 18, 2016 10:25pm | Report
Hi all, I'm not a new player of HotS but it's the first time I post in this community.

I was playing a QM with Li Ming and got paired with a Tyrael, a lvl 40 ranked player (I'm 34 right now, but I have no experience in ranked), and he was a total beast, he kicked *** al over the garden of terror, 15 kills - 5 assist - 0 deaths.. It was glorious

The teams were not even, we had a serious disadvantage: my team had Tyrael (40), then me; Li Ming (34), and the others were Sylvanas (22), Anubarak (4) and Raynor (2). The other team had Artanis 20+, Raynor 12, Sylvanas 20+, Sonya 30+ and Rehgar 30+.. I remember very accurately, because I was talking via skype with a friend (Lvl 22 Sylvanas) and we were complaining about the newbies and said there was no way we could win that game

Well, in spite of not having any support character, in spite that Raynor got killed several times and played lousy (at the end of the match the average stat was around 16k and he had 8k) we won because of Tyrael, he did 122k siege damage, he had more hero damage than me or any other assasin, he never died and had 10k more in the final score.

When the game finished I needed to know the talent composition, what secret recipy had this guy discovered to make Tyrael a weapon of mass destruction, and I found this:

Tyrael Build - Talent Calc...
I can understand the first 4 talent pick ups..

01 - Purge Evil for 25% more Smite dmg to heroes is second to Regeneration Master
04 - Vampiric Strike is not as common as Amplified Healing but is another common pick
07 - Battle Momentum is a must..
10 - Sanctification is understandable if you want to keep an escape option or team power up

Now we get to the weird part on the next two:

13 - Angelic Might where you get 25% on your next basic attack per enemy hit by Smite. In Hots Log Hero Leagues, only 5% get this talent, the other 95% is divided more or less evenly between Imposing Will, Burning Rage and Angelic Absorption.

17 - Blade of Justice, which says that after teleporting with El'druin's Might your next 3 attacks during 5 sec, get 75% more DMG, only 10% get this talent, almost 50% go with Holy Ground, the rest get Blood for Blood, which was sense 10% of enemy's life absorbed and converted in 20% heal, when you compare that to dealing 75% more on a 200 DMG basic attack, there's no way you can pick that up, eventhough El'druins has a 12 sec cooldown.

20 - The 20th talent is Nexus Blades, which is a good option for this DPS build..

So, what do you say? I tried this set of talents on Versus AI, and worked well enough, though I was not doing as many siege damage, neither dramatically pushed my team to victory.

RaphaelSorel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by barbzilla » November 12, 2016 11:06pm | Report
I'm not going to say that I know for sure what he was going for, I may have an inkling. It seems as though he was used to playing melee assassin and was either trying to level Tyreal or had a Warrior quest. My guess is, he built that way to be a burst finisher as opposed to a sustainable bruiser with an escape. He would likely port in, burn down his talent bonuses and his basics, then run out of the dive with invulnerable. He could also be burning invuln as an approach and then using his E Might to cut the fleeing hero off + finish them.

As for him not dying, well that is pretty much Tyreals specialty, and the siege damage I really don't know, unless he was porting in and out.

barbzilla

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved