Heroes of the Storm Forums

Tyrael's passive and my gripes with it

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » June 25, 2015 10:44am | Report
Hi Guys! Hammerbeard here again, if you don't already know, I am the eSports Coordinator here at Gigabyte. I love to play Heroes of the Storm in my off time and have a pretty good background with other moba's like Dota and League. With introduction out of the way I have a question for you guys here.

I have been playing Tyrael recently more, and I am in love with his kit. However, I really do not like his current passive. I think mechanically it is just boring, and thematically not quite right. What do you guys think of it? Am I crazy or just a noob? I feel like the damage it does is fine but I would prefer a passive I could take advantage of when I am alive.

Also, if I am wrong, what is a good way to use it? Honestly if I die with him and am about to blow, and no enemies are too close or low enough to threaten, I try to just take out some creep for some xp before I go. Is that too selfish?

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by GiGGa » June 26, 2015 12:08am | Report
Yeah I don't like it either. Sure it's nice sometimes to blow a low health enemy but if you get sniped from afar it's just useless.

I haven't played Diablo yet but I haven't heard of any exploding angels lately and I think they could've given him a more interesting, more tank related passive.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GiGGa
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » June 26, 2015 9:54am | Report
While Tyrael's passive isn't the most interactive passive in the game, it's still way more interesting than Raynor's Advanced Optics.

The way you should look at it is more of a bonus, rather than an ability you'll always get lots of use out of, meaning you should not expect to get kills every time you die.

The best way to use it is to simply position yourself as close as possible to your enemies during fights, when you know that your chances of survival are slim to none, even if you don't get any kills, just hitting one or two enemies with it can swing a close fight into your favor. Also, if you can't hit any enemy heroes, killing some minions is fine too.

And as far the thematic part is concerned, I chose to look at it this way: When Tyrael knows that he's going to be defeated, he chooses to sacrifice himself in order to deal a fatal blow to Hell's forces, thus I think that it fits well with this theme.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » June 26, 2015 10:47am | Report
Some of the other ideas that I have seen for his passive are pretty good. I really like the idea of having something like a thorns aura for his passive. Something that returns damage when you strike him, it keeps the idea of him biting back, justice and such, but you get to take advantage of it while you are alive more importantly.

GBT_Hammerbeard

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved