Heroes of the Storm Forums

understanding casting and options

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Searkend » June 12, 2015 12:20pm | Report
Hi again all. I would like to know the pros and cons of auto cast (?autoselfcast) setting. I know I have had it turned on and the casting sometimes leaves something to be desiered. i.e. i hit my e key and my toon turns and shoots in the opposite direction of where the mobs are. With the guy who shoots a huge purple half moon, I can hardly right click on enemy heroes and it does not hit them at all and goes right by them; I know that may be my poor right clicking skills also. As a beginner should I use the auto feature.

2nd: I was reading a guide, CSR Grim; he lists talents that are actually locked for me at my level. Do I have to get my character leveled, or my personal level to unlock those talents?

3: what is the best way to target an enemy hero, and how should I understand the guides as a beginner? I know that I need to play a ton more games, currently at around 40, but this go round is the first time a MOBA has held any interest for me at all.
I am sure that I will have more questions in the future, but for now that is it.
Thank you for your time and consideration
Searkend/Grayloch

Searkend
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » June 12, 2015 1:10pm | Report
1) I would recommend using the default settings, until you get used to the game.

2) You need to hit level 4 with a hero to unlock all his talents, or player level 25, at which point all talents of all heroes will be unlocked to you, regardless of the hero level.

3) Could you explain what's your issue with targeting heroes a bit more?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GiGGa » June 12, 2015 1:15pm | Report
1st: I know autocast is hard (I've been playing Moba's for years and I've never been able to use it). It usually goes where your mouse is (I think) but for now I personally would suggest putting it off.

2nd: You need to reach a certain level on your own account to unlock all the talents (yeah it sucks a bit :/) Shouldn't take too long. Grim makes great guides though so you should definitely still try to follow them

3rd: I use normal casting (click q - click area/target) to target enemy heroes and I find it to work the best, yes smart cast is faster but you will be able to see the ranges and hit skillshots better, and after a bit of practice you will be clicking so fast it will look like smart cast. I would suggest checking some youtube guides and if you feel like you want to move up to a more advanced level go check out some casters and professional games. (I watch Khaldor on youtube often, he makes helpful comments and is entertaining).

I hope I could help you a bit :) Good luck in future, I hope your gaming career is an enjoyable journey.

See you in the nexus
-GiGGa

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GiGGa
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Searkend » June 12, 2015 1:50pm | Report
ok thanks for both answers, they were both, a help. I will post more info about the targeting after the next few matches here in just a bit, when I get on again, so as to better explain what I meant. I will go back to turning auto cast off, and go from there.

Have a great day.

Searkend
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved