Heroes of the Storm Forums

What is a good win/loss record in HL pugs?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Peonkilla » September 18, 2015 12:22am | Report
I'm hovering around 50% in HL currently rank 29. Just curious what is the average win percentage?

Can't help it when I get stuck in a bad rotation of a bunch of noobs and scrubs that don't know what TEAM PLAY means.

Peonkilla
Quote | PM | +Rep by Goffterdom » September 18, 2015 11:07am | Report
50% you're where you're supposed to be
55% you're good
60% you're great
70% you're probably a pro gamer

Goffterdom
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » September 18, 2015 12:46pm | Report
I'd say 70%+ on that last one.

It also depends how many games you've played, but the way matchmaking is built, you're supposed to be at 50% win rate after you have played a decent number of games. If I'm not mistaken, 50% win rate allows you to climb ranks (albeit slowly), you have to be just under 50% to decline or be stuck where you are.

If you affect your team in an above average way, your win rate should represent that. Being above 50% win rate is supposed to mean you are better than the average player at that rank, so you shouldn't stay there long.

Finding a good duo-queue partner is a good way to influence this - as long as you and your partner are competent players you should be able to positively influence every game. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win, but over a number of iterations your win rate will begin to represent that influence as you will win more often than not, incentivizing the matchmaking system to pull you up in the ranks until you hit 50% or lower again.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved