Heroes of the Storm Forums

Zeratul

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by FruitnFibre » March 31, 2015 1:36am | Report
So I've been playing with Zeratul now for the past few days, and wanted to write a little review on how I play him. Hopefully some frapsed gameplay to follow at some point too.

I'll start easy with the pros and cons:

Pros:

Lower levels;
- He makes a great scout - he can walk around the board, lane to lane, looking for players and spotting the guys to kill.
- Can be used to gank lower health players looking at hearthing. I've been using him as a bit of a "clean up crew" by getting behind enemy towers, waiting for my guys to -attempt- to wreck them, and finishing them off with a swift cleave / spike and then blinking out of combat. Not only is this great for the morale of your guys, as they will get assist on the kill, but it's also GREAT for XP.
- Really nice for just working away on minions, as his cleave damage brings them down quite quick.

Med-high levels;
- Can INSTANTLY wreck players with a combination of Shadow Assault, berserk and searing attacks. I try to go with this combo on most maps, except where exceptionally high burst damage is needed (for skull map for instance, where it's better to kill mobs of skulls quicker to get the golem). It basically gives you the ability to find their support that's hanging back and go insane - recloak - get out - continue on with your business.
- Exceptionally good when working with a warrior. As stated previously, the warrior can output consistent DPS, so generally gives them a good seeing to, but lacks the burst to get that final kill. Zeratul is exceptional at just blinking in, popping a cleave and finishing the job.

High levels (game finishing);
- The berserk / searing combo also gives pretty nice DPS against buildings, so when mercs are heading into a base, it gives you a short burn of incredible intense damage to allow them to break through to the core without losing much before hand.

General;
- His blink ability gives you a perfect option to play near the fences. Normally, I'd stick to the middle of the lanes so you have numerous exit plans to get out of the way before the enemy team begins to steadily chip away at your and/or box you in. With Zeratul, it's perfectly feasible, if not standard, to work near the fences. If you start to get ganked you can blink over a gate and get cloaked out of there before getting your arse handed to you. Find a bush to hearth back and heal up and get back in the game.

Cons:
- If you don't have a prot/warrior with you, you're screwed. The idea of this class (as I see it) is to wait for the lower healthed players, and pull their nipples off just before they hearth back to heal up, before they know what's happening. At lower levels, you simply don't have the damage to sustain a full length 1v1 attack without taking a sincerely extortionate amount of damage and then running away with your tail between your legs. For that reason - stick around INFRONT of your warriors and clean up where they couldn't finish.

- The cloaking! I mean seriously... wtf is wrong with that ? It seems to decide on a whim when it's going to work and when it's not. Pro-tip - if you're going to mount up, or hearth, get in a bush first. Whilst casting hearth, it will say "cloaked", but you're not... trust me.

I'm goint to hopefully get some gameplay up on our site at some point, but if you want to have a chat about this class, or to look at joining our team/community, our site is here:
www.beyond-warfare.co.uk

I hope you enjoy the read, and good luck with Zeratul - He's really fun to play, but in your first few games, expect to have your arse handed to you a few times. :P

Fruit

FruitnFibre
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved