Heroes of the Storm Forums

Guide of the Week: Sonya - Boss soloing Rank 1 Hero League

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 8, 2015 6:58am | Report

This week Sonya is part of the free hero rotation, here's a guide that will help you to bring this hero to her full potential - AmirosJones's Sonya - Boss soloing Rank 1 Hero League!

Let us know if you try out Sonya this week and if you enjoyed this guide!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Hades4u
<Community Manager>
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by devilswork » December 8, 2015 7:43am | Report
this guide is totally outdated

devilswork
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 8, 2015 9:23am | Report
devilswork wrote:

this guide is totally outdated

Feel free to create a new updated guide for Sonya.

The content and concepts of the guide are still really good, it is explained in the guide how the hero is supposed to be played.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Hades4u
<Community Manager>
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BHK-25 » December 8, 2015 10:35am | Report
Superiority doesn't exist anymore...

BHK-25
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tomato » December 8, 2015 3:25pm | Report
it doesn't exist but the merc one now is the same except you take full damage from buildings, so you'll be tankier against the boss, but won't buff it's damage up when you cap it

Tomato
Quote | PM | +Rep by nazu » December 9, 2015 4:14am | Report
Tomato wrote:

it doesn't exist but the merc one now is the same except you take full damage from buildings, so you'll be tankier against the boss, but won't buff it's damage up when you cap it

not true the merc lord does not effect the boss at all just lower mercs

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
nazu
Quote | PM | +Rep by IonFist » December 9, 2015 6:47am | Report
nazu wrote:

Is there any official explanation which mercs are affected by this talent?

IonFist
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tomato » December 9, 2015 7:40am | Report
nazu wrote:

i don't know man i hopped in a custom game and it sure looked like i took less damage when i tested before and after

Tomato
Quote | PM | +Rep by nazu » December 13, 2015 8:43pm | Report
Mercenary Lord
Non-Boss Mercenaries near your hero deal 50% more damage. Reduces damage taken from Minions and Mercenaries by 50%.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
nazu
Quote | PM | +Rep by IonFist » December 14, 2015 12:34am | Report
From the description it's logical that you take less damage from boss mercenaries too.

Description:
Non-Boss Mercenaries near your hero deal 50% more damage. Reduces damage taken from Minions and Mercenaries by 50%.

It is clear that Bosses do not deal more damage when near you, because it is clearly stated in the first sentence "Non-Boss Mercenaries". However, the second sentence says that you take reduced damage from Minions and Mercenaries by 50%. So because in the first sentence the Boss is referred to as a "Boss Mercenary" and not just "Boss", we can logically infer that any Boss is a Mercenary, which means that Bosses also deal reduced damage to you by 50%.

Furthermore, I think that immortals, punishers, terrors, Gollems and any other "Boss" from the map objectives are not affected by Mercenary Lord, because they are not mercenaries. Mercenaries, are defined as the creatures at the predefined locations on the map that when you defeat they fight for you.

IonFist

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved