Heroes of the Storm Forums

Votes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChuckNorris » January 2, 2015 9:36am | Report
Hey guys. ... One question,
why get every build votepoints when you just vote?
nobody can see if the votes are positive or negative =/

ChuckNorris
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » January 2, 2015 9:58am | Report
Care to elaborate?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Valadeus » January 2, 2015 12:23pm | Report
I believe he's remarking on how a guide will say "X Votes" but doesn't say whether or not those votes are negative or positive votes.

I always operate on the assumption that the "X Votes" is the sum of positive votes minus negative votes. So a guide with 32 votes would have 32 more positive votes than negative votes.
Raynes #1676
Always looking to enjoy a few good games.

Valadeus
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChuckNorris » January 2, 2015 1:25pm | Report
for example http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/team-curse-crs-grim-tassadar-dps-guide-49 ... where can i see how many votes are positive or negative?

sry for my bad english =/

ChuckNorris
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChuckNorris » January 2, 2015 1:27pm | Report
Valadeus wrote:

I always operate on the assumption that the "X Votes" is the sum of positive votes minus negative votes. So a guide with 32 votes would have 32 more positive votes than negative votes.

no because .. my last example had 61 votes .. when i do a negative it have 62 votes .. when i do a positive it have also 62 votes ..?!? can someone explain this?

ChuckNorris
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » January 2, 2015 1:37pm | Report
First off, please edit your posts.
Second, it shows the total amount of votes and you can see a rough representation of positive/negative votes ratio by looking at that bar, the one that's just below the number of votes.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FourCourtJester » January 2, 2015 2:18pm | Report
Hi guys,

The votes number is the amount of votes that the guide has. It doesn't matter if its positive or negative, that's the number of times people have voted on that guide.

The bar under it is a percentage base on positive to negative. If the bar is full, it has such an overwhelming positive/negative ratio that it actually rounds out to 100%. If the bar is empty, it means nobody has voted positively for this guide, thus why it has a 0% bar fill.

Hope that helps.

- FCJ

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
FourCourtJester
<Developer>
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Valadeus » January 5, 2015 10:23am | Report
It does, thank you.
Raynes #1676
Always looking to enjoy a few good games.

Valadeus
Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved