Heroes of the Storm Forums

(Hero Concepts) Icon images not appearing

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Quote | PM | +Rep by VikingEagle » March 7, 2018 12:52pm | Report
I am attempting to use an image I made as the icon for an ability, but the image does not appear in the preview. I would assume this may have something to do with the hosting site for the image being Imgur and not a Wikia, but I would like confirmation and a solution if possible.

The image in question:
https://imgur.com/E56qP07

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
VikingEagle
Quote | PM | +Rep by miyari » April 12, 2018 4:53am | Report
Hey! Just realized I never followed up on getting an answer for your question. I'm looking into this and will get you an update as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
miyari
<Community Manager>
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by spyro2002 » April 12, 2018 11:30am | Report
Finally someone pointed it out. I thought that it was my computer not loading. Feeeww.....

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
spyro2002
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by VikingEagle » April 15, 2018 5:48pm | Report
Well, thank you for responding, but I was able to find a workaround.

For some reason, images linked from Discord work just fine. You should still look into a fix, just for the sake of professionalism and our convenience.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
VikingEagle
Quote | PM | +Rep by miyari » April 20, 2018 9:42am | Report
Hey! Figured it out! You have to use the actual image URL, not the Imgur gallery URL. You can get a BBCode embed link when viewing your images in your gallery on Imgur, too. Just need to be sure you're embedding the exact URL of the image (with the file extension). Hope this helps!

Example:
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/4x6QZfy.png[/img]

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
miyari
<Community Manager>
Notable (11)

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved