Heroes of the Storm Forums

Do you think Heroes is dying?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » November 9, 2015 1:16pm | Report
The thing is.. it's not a competitor to LoL or DOTA. HotS has always been very proud to be a different type of MOBA. I feel like it's unfair to compare.

One of the issues Blizzard needs to work on is the production. During Blizzcon, there was a huge chunk of several hours of technical difficulties. I understand these things happen, but it'll be beneficial to them to make sure they're more polished for next time and to have backup plans for issues.
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlueImperial » November 10, 2015 1:42pm | Report
Trust me, if Blizzard make special goodies for overwatch, e.g. "reach level 30 on HOTS to get a unique skin on HOTS"... expect HOTS to grow a hell of a lot.

It wont die soon though, the game is still fresh :P

BlueImperial
Quote | PM | +Rep by SteggySaurus » March 15, 2016 10:58pm | Report
League of Legends will end up feeling too bloated and confusing for new players, and it's extreme learning curve will put off others. I personally disliked the myriad of changes every time I've logged on in the past few months, and makes it hard to invest time into it, and I prefer this MOBAS community a lot more. HotS will eventually become more and more appealing as time goes on, as more player favourite characters are added, and cross game universe characters and promotions (such as the existing mounts) are added to the game, due to it's less steep learning curves, shorter game durations on average and no need to invest time creating ten different rune pages, talent trees and item builds to remain competitive.
All a man wants is a dinosaur hero.

SteggySaurus
Quote | PM | +Rep by Thorn_97 » April 25, 2016 12:43am | Report
Blizzard need urgently to change something with the opponents selection.
Many players leave HOTS because they don't get pleasure from games when they get in obviously unequal teams.
Damn... I'm looking good! ;)

Thorn_97
Quote | PM | +Rep by Deozad » May 11, 2016 12:50pm | Report
I have not heard of Heroes dying. eSports twitch streams have massive following for a game that is only 2? years old. League of Legends is old, it's had time to grow. Heroes needs that time.

Blizzard will see a huge growing of audience as the new league/ranking system comes out with actual seasons. People don't like being "rank 1", people like being Diamond 1 or Master/GM 1. This will definitely boost player base.

Deozad
BattleTag:
Dead#1117
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » May 25, 2016 6:54am | Report
On the contrary I think its on a rise, especially with Blizzard's other games used as a type of byproduct of exposure.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by ffwiitang » July 15, 2016 2:31pm | Report
trust me, HOTS will lead the Moba games in near future, LOL is a stupid game.

ffwiitang
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » July 15, 2016 3:29pm | Report
Well, I wouldn't count league out of the race just yet. It has a huge following for a reason.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kefa » July 15, 2016 5:52pm | Report
I don't understand all this doom prophecy going on in the hots community. Just because HotS is a blizzard game and a lot of ppl expected it to be as big if not bigger than lol and dota but it didnt turn out that way doesn't mean it is going to die.

The biggest problem HotS has is that it was released way too early, we just came out of beta with the ranked play revamp pretty much.

Also a lot of old lol and dota player don't understand it enough to take it seriously, these player have the mechanical skills but don't really understand the right way to approach different maps. This can lead to a lot of frustration.

Kefa
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » July 16, 2016 9:41am | Report
Veiled wrote:

The thing is.. it's not a competitor to LoL or DOTA. HotS has always been very proud to be a different type of MOBA. I feel like it's unfair to compare.

One of the issues Blizzard needs to work on is the production. During Blizzcon, there was a huge chunk of several hours of technical difficulties. I understand these things happen, but it'll be beneficial to them to make sure they're more polished for next time and to have backup plans for issues.

I hope it gets to the same caliber as League of Legends production in the LCS

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved