Heroes of the Storm Forums

Influx of Jerks

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Achilles » July 9, 2015 3:22pm | Report
IMHO, the best thing you can do if someone is being a jerk, is simply to mute them. It's a game and it's supposed to be fun; if another player's comments are preventing you from enjoying yourself, don't put up with it. Just hit TAB and click the mute icon next to their name.

(Sidenote: you can still see their pings, so communication about game objectives still works)

Achilles
Quote | PM | +Rep by Motions » July 10, 2015 12:37am | Report
Yesterday I had a game playing as Valla.
In the beginning of the game I was in mid against Kael Thas and Zeratul, which is a very hard matchup.

So I politely asked LiLi (who was laning bot with Arthas against 1 other player) to help me out, as I was really struggeling against Kael and Zera.
The only answer I got was "scrub".

Needless to say I got killed once. Immediately Lili responded again with "scrub".
I didn't say a word anymore, as I immediately felt what this player was like.

Still I wondered why such a player is playing support. As talking like that is not really good for teamplay.

Anyway... Later in the game I was very low on health, Lili healed me very well during the fight, which made me able to kill 3 players solo in a very short time.
I thanked Lili for the heals, even though he/she was not polite to me at first.

The rest of the game went well and eventually we won the game.

But still I wonder why I got no help at all from my other teammembers in the beginning of the game while I was laning against 2 strong enemies and why I was namecalled at.
I'm getting really tired of such guys now.

Motions
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BadSquid » July 11, 2015 1:04pm | Report
Several day ago, I had an encounter with one of the least polite Nazeebo's I've ever seen.

I get when you're playing Hero League, there's more pressure on you to preform, but this guy would criticize every move anyone would make.

I had been in the unfortunate position of having to play Johanna, a hero I rarely play, just to fulfill our need for a tank. I'm not very good at playing melee, as I focus more or less on Sylvanas and other ranged heros, so it did come with a learning curve.

I wouldn't have been so bothered with this guy if he had at least suggested ways to improve our mistakes, and strengthen our performance, but he would simply exclaim how bad our decisions were, simultaneously calling us 'scrubs'.

At the end of the game, which we did end up losing, he simply said in chat, "bw" (Bad Game).

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BadSquid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved