Heroes of the Storm Forums

Quit using Nova and Abathur in HL!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Peonkilla » September 30, 2015 6:46pm | Report
I dread seeing in the draft someone that picks Nova or Abathur. Both need the team to carry them the first half of the game and it's like playing 4v5 at times. Why can't folks see this and quit picking these useless heroes???

Peonkilla
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » October 1, 2015 2:54am | Report
Peonkilla wrote:

Why can't folks see this and quit picking these useless heroes???

Probably because neither one of them is useless.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by methusalix » October 9, 2015 3:00am | Report
Abathur sometimes feels like 4v5 in the early game, but I actually think, he is really strong. I like having him on my team. :)

If he is good, its acutally more like 7v4 because he can be present on every lane within a short time frame.
My passion: Mechanical Keyboard - so satisfying to type :)

methusalix
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by snottyhamsterbutt » October 20, 2015 5:47pm | Report
I am perfectly fine with having an Abathur on the team as he can contribute greatly throughout the game. Nova, I am not quite sure. If played properly, she can easily wipe out a key hero before an engagement, but often times, her cloak is spotted and she has virtually no escape options after she becomes visible until level 20.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
snottyhamsterbutt
Quote | PM | +Rep by fork » October 30, 2015 5:23am | Report
It comes to play-style. I've loved abathurs on my team (those that are active and body soak) and hated others (those that just sit in spawn). Same for Novas. If people actually use the strengths of a hero any hero can be great, the problem only comes when people try to play a hero in a way that just doesn't work for the hero. Nova is not Valla and can't be played like that, but she can scout and pick off people and focus down some important targets from the edges of fights. It comes down to if people don't know how to play a hero, they shouldn't play that hero in HL - practice in QM for a bit, get comfortable and dominate.

That being said, I'm 100% against people complaining about others picks in HL lobby. Every time someone says "Ugh, no nova pls" and the guy picks someone else, my team has lost. Let people play what they are comfortable with and stop trying to micro-manage your comp to something you saw Team Navi play that one time. Yeah, people should play the necessary roles, but if their hero is Gazlowe or Abathur, let 'em play what they know.

fork

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved