Heroes of the Storm Forums

Why so much HL hate for Tassadar?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Turtle3201 » July 15, 2015 10:03pm | Report
I play Tassadar, he's my main, I use the build from Heroes Fire, I rock with him.

Yet every hero league I play guys are throwing a fit when I pick him. If we win they shut up, but if we lose (rarely because of me) they throw more of a fit.

Why is there so much hate for Tassadar?

Turtle3201
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » July 16, 2015 12:04am | Report
Tassadar is in a weird spot right now.

He's mediocre in damage and healing, and forces another teammate to pick a 2nd support as well, as he is not a very good solo support.

He's a good hybrid, but he's not as good as his counterpart, Tyrande.

So in essence, a 2nd person on your team has to pick Support (Most people don't like supporting), and many people think he's outright bad because he doesn't excel in any one area.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Turtle3201 » July 17, 2015 8:23am | Report
I think of all my heroes I've played in HL I have the highest success rate with T***. I understand team comp is important, but I think skill of the player trumps all. I am just really really good with T*** and I know how to play him. I just wish I didn't have to argue and justify my pick with my team every damn game.

Turtle3201
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fishtacos » July 28, 2015 10:41am | Report
Boils down to not enough good Tassadar's. He is a great support and in the right hand he can out put real big dmg numbers. Rare you find a good T*** so people are use to baddys which makes the class look bad.

Fishtacos
Quote | PM | +Rep by KochKane » August 13, 2015 11:44am | Report
Fishtacos wrote:

Boils down to not enough good Tassadar's. He is a great support and in the right hand he can out put real big dmg numbers. Rare you find a good T*** so people are use to baddys which makes the class look bad.

It's the same reason a lot of guys in HL hate on Nova and Abathur. I'd estimate about 80% of the people that pick those 3 heroes are AWFUL and bring the team down considerably. The good ones are good, but since most of them are bad we're gun shy when someone picks them. A good Tassadar can change the landscape of a game, but most of them are garbage lol

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
KochKane
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ixidor » October 27, 2015 4:07pm | Report
Hey all.

I main Tassadar as well, lvl 13 with him atm, so I understand where the OP is coming from. He's the definition of jack of all trades but master of none. Although he's sort of a swiss army, you can make a lot of builds work, but I've personally found rocking Force Field (if you can get away with it) to be the most game-changing. Yes... you CAN Archon and be a mediocre dps-tank, but being able to split teams in teamfights, chase down heroes and block their retreat or get used to working the angle walls to help teammates escape... this is just my opinion since I tend to go wall more often, but if you get the right team composition you can absolutely body teams.

I'd be interested on what other ppl role with. I usually "prefer" to go Conjurer's--> Heal --> Khala's Embrace --> Wall --> Shrink Ray --> Phase heal --> lvl 2 wall

...I use "v" for heal totem hotkey and "f" for Forcefield for convenience. If I decide to actually use the 3rd active... the shield Ult one, I use "spacebar" for that.

My gameplan is to support the adc/carry or assassins most early game, when I get Kahla's embrace rest of game I just spam it like EVERY second I can on each teammate, the goal is to just keep everyone bubbled so when we engage in a teamfight we have a slight defensive edge on their team. It's essentially giving my entire team a "Block", or at least that's how I think of it. In fights I usually Oracle before then drop totem, I'll then try to split their team and Shrink Ray. A lot of times I find in this game its just a matter of killing one hero, if you can decisively absolutely wreck one hero fast and wall their team out... you basically win, they can't engage you late game even if they lose one hero, this is why T*** is powerful if your team is intelligent about engagements. If you have a roaming team that doesn't utilize you very well it can go very bad though, but in a proper team with dps, tank, and support you can wreck with T***. One thing I also want to mention is how powerful his Oracle ability is by itself... knowledge is power right, being able to see where their team is on battlefield and get the better engagement, you can't "quantify" that in stats, but its gamebreaking.

Pce,
Ixi

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Ixidor
Quote | PM | +Rep by methusalix » November 5, 2015 8:20am | Report
I also really like Tassadar. I think he always was a fine support to play, but since he got buffed a few patches ago, he's really awesome :)
If you get stuck with a team with no other support, then Tassadar's lack of healing can be a problem. Guess that's the main problem people are complaining about him...
My passion: Mechanical Keyboard - so satisfying to type :)

methusalix
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by IonFist » November 17, 2015 1:37am | Report
Try this build and everyone will love you:

IonFist
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » December 1, 2015 12:13pm | Report

I love you already. OMG it worked : D

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by IonFist » December 9, 2015 6:16am | Report
Wow thanks a lot! I am glad I could help :)

IonFist

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved