Heroes of the Storm Forums

Introducing the Guide Builder!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » August 21, 2014 8:54pm | Report

We are happy to announce that our guide builder is finally out! You can now click on the "Find Guides" button, and there you will find a "Create Your Own" button to share your own builds and guides.

Select talents for each tier, and create multiple builds for different situations. You can also indicate on each build which Maps that build is recommended for, and icons will show appear to show your recommendations.

Also introducing the Threat Meter! You can select the threat level of any hero, and get display of each hero's relative threat on this sliding scale. You can also add notes for each threat, and when you click on the threat tier...

You will get the notes for each Threat in that tier, or if you click "Show All" you can read every threat!

Featured Guides

Our beta testers did a great job testing out the builder and crafting excellent guides, so check them out!

Throwing Hammers from the Sky
by FourCourtJester

Not Prepared? Start Here.
by Severage

Fear and Cloaking in the Nexus - A Nova Guide
by CyaSteve

Make your enemies NEED stitches
by Glaurung

The Psionic Shadowstalker - A Zeratul Guide
by DunkTrain

Go try it now!

You will see a few guides up from our Beta Testers, and some WIPs. Keep checking back and help us get a guide up for each hero by writing one yourself! :) Post in the Build and Guide Discussion forum if you want any feedback!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 22, 2014 12:59am | Report
**** YES!

Subzero008
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mrflippy » August 22, 2014 4:03am | Report
NICE!
Want to play? Battletag: flippy#2778

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mrflippy
<Moderator>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 22, 2014 6:45pm | Report
Wow, This is a really really good guide system. I expected alot less, but I'm impressed.

UnknownPandr
<Editor>
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » August 22, 2014 9:52pm | Report
Thank you guys, glad you like it! We tried hard to beef it up. :)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mahyarmomeni » August 23, 2014 6:14am | Report
Thanks but I guess it needs a bit more polishing and adjusting GJ keep up the good work.

mahyarmomeni
<Editor>
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » August 25, 2014 11:25am | Report
mahyarmomeni could you clarify what you think needs more polishing and adjusting?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tappin » September 2, 2014 9:55pm | Report
I started a guide, pressed save, but haven't published. I can see it in my content library. But I can't see any way for me to edit the guide I started? Does the guide need to be done in one pass, or am I just missing the place where I can edit my existing guide?

Edit: managed to get my guide written without losing my session. But I still don't see a way to edit it if the game changes or to fix my many typos.

Tappin
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tappin » September 3, 2014 6:16am | Report
I'm not sure what mahyarmomeni meant by polish and adjusting, but things I found myself wishing I had help with:
- A way to edit my post before or after I publish (if it's there, I still can't find it)
- An easy way for searching for / linking to abilities and talents. It might be nice to tie it to the hero you've chosen, but you might actually want to link/compare it to even other hero's abilities, so maybe just access to all. Hopefully it would build the link to include the markup to add jquery tooltips automatically.
- Maybe rather than (or in addition too) multiple talent builds, a way to indicate alternative talents for the same build that you may pick depending on the situation.

Tappin
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tappin » September 3, 2014 10:47am | Report
Found the edit button, thanks Xirias. It's in a gear icon at the top of your post while logged in. It would be nice if there were an edit link from our account area when we're looking at our Content Library area.

Tappin
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved