Heroes of the Storm Forums

[New Feature] Threaded Guide Comments

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » September 15, 2015 8:30pm | Report

You may have noticed we've relocated guide comments to a tab recently for quicker comment access. This was also to accommodate our new guide comments!

• Threaded comments to help you keep track of discussion and reply directly to questions about your guide

• Comments now appear in reverse chronological order by default, but can be sorted by oldest or most popular

• New comment voting! Comment scores will help authors determine what feedback other users agree with, as well as give readers an easy way to show they agree or disagree with a comment

We really hope you guys enjoy this update and that it facilitates easier and better guide discussion. :)

As always let us know your thoughts!
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hobo » September 16, 2015 1:55pm | Report
Great Change guys! Thanks for releasing this.

Hobo
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halfie » September 17, 2015 1:09pm | Report
I really agree with this change. Like you said, it facilitates by the sheer ease of being able to see more of the comments.

But this change also encourages discussion by seeing the newest comments first and thus motivating someone to post because they know that their comment will be instantly seen and noticed by the author (rather than tucked away down and beyond several pages).

Great job!
Good Luck Have Fun's Tumbler: A Blog made by gamers, for gamers.

Support player for Varsity Blues

Receive 30% off games using my code

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Halfie
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » September 17, 2015 1:40pm | Report
Thanks for the kind words guys, it means a lot to us to hear that you liked the update. :)

*single tear rolls down cheek*

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » September 17, 2015 1:41pm | Report
We are really glad to hear that you guys like it! As always, ALL feedback is welcome here. Please just let us know what you think! So far for me personally, I'm loving it!
Community Manager & Social Media for HeroesLive. <3 Follow me on twitter: @Veiledgg

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » September 17, 2015 2:00pm | Report
Will we be seeing a similar feature on Mobafire soonâ„¢ as well :^)

Thanks to Me <3

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Janitsu
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » September 17, 2015 2:28pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Will we be seeing a similar feature on Mobafire soonâ„¢ as well :^)

Currently we are testing only on HeroesFire, but if all goes well, it's likely that you'll see this feature on other sites, as well!

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » September 17, 2015 2:29pm | Report
Veiled wrote:

Currently we are testing only on HeroesFire, but if all goes well, it's likely that you'll see this feature on other sites, as well!

Thanks Veiled, whoever you might be :^) Nice to meet you, I am the clown of Mobafire

Thanks to Me <3

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Janitsu
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veiled » September 17, 2015 2:45pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Thanks Veiled, whoever you might be :^) Nice to meet you, I am the clown of Mobafire

Nice to meet you, too. I'm still fairly new around these parts (started here in early August)! *wave*

Veiled
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » September 17, 2015 7:59pm | Report
I really like this change as well. My guide(s) have a lot of comments and it can be difficult to tell if a comment was added since it'd be all the way on page 10 with the old layout, but now it'll be at the top, conveniently located to respond easily.

The way replies work is much easier on the eyes as well.

Overall, nice change.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved