Heroes of the Storm Forums

BBCode from Launch Guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » August 22, 2014 10:39pm | Report
So! I've gotten a few people asking about the BBCode for the launch guides, or looking to make their guides look more like the launch guides. I tried to grab an example of all the different BBCode I used for anybody's use. Also, if you want to use any of the images in the launch guides, such as "Level 1" and map banners, feel free!

Floating Icon / Image

You can make an icon or image "float" to the left or right and have text wrap around it by using the float modifier. Ex: [icon=Illidan float=left] Remember you need to use [clear] after you're done with it, otherwise stuff will keep floating left!

On Blizzard's forums, there's a lot of discussion about Illidan, and most people consider him significantly weaker than similar assassins, like Zeratul and Kerrigan, but I think Illidan brings more utility than them.

Since his rework recently, most people I've talked to liked him and the way his new kit works, but just didn't perform well with him. Let me also state that Illidan is not very easy to play. I will share what has worked best for me, but depending on the person you may have mixed results; or perhaps you can share that something has worked better for you.

CODE

Side by Side Descriptions with Icons

This would be a little complicated to explain, I just recommend reading up on tables here.

(Q) Hammerang
Bread and butter Nuke. A linear skill shot that damages and slows every target in its path, on the outgoing swing and the returning. Great for lining up multi target bursts, or lines of creep waves.
(W) Thunderstorm
A passive and an active component, Thunderstorm will strike nearby enemies with lightning passively, and a cluster of bolts when activated. There is no penalty to activate the Thunderstorm; the passive component will continue to strike during cooldown. Great for bursting down a single target, or spreading out damage in a teamfight.

CODE

4 Talent Breakdown Centered

You can change the color of the border by changing the "#0080ff" (look up hex color codes). Change which icon is emphasized by moving around the size=50 border="1px solid #0080ff". The icons look in the wrong position here and the text is the wrong size, but it will look right in the guide.

Level 1

Regeneration Master - My go to level one talent, this talent adds a lot of versatility to many builds and in general I feel in extended teamfights this talent is very valuable.

CODE

5 Talent Breakdown with Image

Feel free to use the level images! Just change the number in the url to the correct one (only exists for levels you get a new talent). You can change the color of the border by changing the "#0080ff" (look up hex color codes). Chang which icon is emphasized by moving around the size=50 border="1px solid #0080ff".

Seasoned Marksman - For every 5 enemies that you're in XP range of, gain a permanent +1 Basic Attack damage. Over the course of a game, you can average out about 15-20 stacks. That's +15-20 more damage per Basic Attack. Doesn't sound like much, but if you're going for the biggest damage gain on this tier, this is it.

CODE

Fancy Spoiler + Alternatives

ALTERNATIVES

CODE

Skill Combo

Basically just a bunch of table cells! The text is the wrong size but it will appear correctly in the guide.

Level 4-9 Rotation

→ → → → (+)

Auto → W → Auto → Q → Auto (With Envenom thrown in if you think you can force someone out of lane or kill them) As a side note Envenom timing can be and is a very real thing. Throwing envenom at different points of an engage is important. THE FEAR is becoming real.

CODE

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Applesrule » September 28, 2014 12:07am | Report
Please Sticky this so it doesn't go down the list.

Applesrule
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » September 30, 2014 9:01am | Report
Will there be more backgrounds for the guide builder in the future? I like to have options:)

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » September 30, 2014 11:24am | Report
There will be more, but we are limited by official Blizzard art (even though there's so much amazing fan art, we can't just take it!). If you have any requests for backgrounds that are official art we can put them in. :)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Community Manager>
Memorable (51)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » October 1, 2014 7:15am | Report
Mowen wrote:

There will be more, but we are limited by official Blizzard art (even though there's so much amazing fan art, we can't just take it!). If you have any requests for backgrounds that are official art we can put them in. :)

Even a single simple color background would be cool. Or abstract color backgrounds, omg so hyped!

Thanks Mowen!

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved