Heroes of the Storm Forums

Coding Help & FAQ

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Retsky » September 29, 2015 7:02pm | Report
So I'm working on my greatest work atm, and I can't help but feel there's something missing..

I'm thinking it's the "table of content" section. I tried implementing it into my guide, but I've encountered a problem when trying to anchor the sections.

I don't have a chapter title, as I'm using pictures to divide them up. Might've been something I missed when I read the guide, but if I understand right, you just put "goto" next to the chapter title in the menu, then you put "anchor" on where you want it to go?

But how can I "anchor" an "img" link?
"Never be game over"
My guides: Leoric / Kharazim / Lt. Morales

Retsky
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » September 30, 2015 12:13pm | Report
Retsky wrote:

So I'm working on my greatest work atm, and I can't help but feel there's something missing..

I'm thinking it's the "table of content" section. I tried implementing it into my guide, but I've encountered a problem when trying to anchor the sections.

I don't have a chapter title, as I'm using pictures to divide them up. Might've been something I missed when I read the guide, but if I understand right, you just put "goto" next to the chapter title in the menu, then you put "anchor" on where you want it to go?

But how can I "anchor" an "img" link?

If you mean you're wanting to put an anchor so that when they click it opens a new tab/window with an image, that wouldn't make sense, as anchors are only useful for moving you to other places on the same page.

But if you have an embedded image you can just put the anchor tag above the image.

Also, if you're using the Table of Contents Template, you shouldn't have to use the "goto" tag. The "goto" tag is for making clickable text-links to jump to anchors outside the ToC template. The Template does that for you, all you do is write the Big Chapter/Chapter Number and Name, then have an Anchor tag with the same name where you want it to go.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Retsky » September 30, 2015 1:44pm | Report
Severage wrote:

If you mean you're wanting to put an anchor so that when they click it opens a new tab/window with an image, that wouldn't make sense, as anchors are only useful for moving you to other places on the same page.

But if you have an embedded image you can just put the anchor tag above the image.

Also, if you're using the Table of Contents Template, you shouldn't have to use the "goto" tag. The "goto" tag is for making clickable text-links to jump to anchors outside the ToC template. The Template does that for you, all you do is write the Big Chapter/Chapter Number and Name, then have an Anchor tag with the same name where you want it to go.

Alright, I just put the anchor tag at the start! Jesus, wasen't harder than that then, okey :p thanks a lot mate! Got it to work now :)

Now, I got another question. I want a picture next to the menu, since right now it's just a big open space. It fits in perfectly in regards to size and everything.

OK nvm, I used the "float right" code, but that made it go aaaall the way over to the right, and it also made it a lot smaller than it's supposed to be.. now it's like a big hole in the middle of the section :<

DOUBLE nvm!! lol, got that to work aswell. Uploaded the picture with a proper size on imgur, then it worked.

Now I'm only wondering if I can move it more to the middle? Or is it only right and left?
I tried "float middle" but that didn't make any difference..
"Never be game over"

Retsky
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » September 30, 2015 3:49pm | Report
The code is probably "float center", if it exists. I've never used it so I couldn't tell you for sure, but that's the jargon they typically use.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Retsky » September 30, 2015 5:23pm | Report
Severage wrote:

The code is probably "float center", if it exists. I've never used it so I couldn't tell you for sure, but that's the jargon they typically use.

Hmm, I tried "center" but it didn't move there either. You can see it here.

It's the picture next to the menu. I think it's fine tho, I've been too perky with this guide I think :p
"Never be game over"

Retsky
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » September 30, 2015 10:45pm | Report
I think it'll probably look better on the side anyway, personally. lol

The guide itself also looks good, nice work! :)

Also, I used
Code:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Xmy6Vzk.jpg[/img][/center]

and it centered it just fine.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Retsky » October 6, 2015 2:45am | Report
Severage wrote:

I think it'll probably look better on the side anyway, personally. lol

The guide itself also looks good, nice work! :)

Also, I used
Code:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Xmy6Vzk.jpg[/img][/center]

and it centered it just fine.

Sorry for the late reply!

And yea, I think it sits fine right on the side there :p

Thank you! :)

I did try to center it, but that set my menu under the picture, so it looks totally out of place. So ima just let it sit on the right, lol
"Never be game over"

Retsky
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DMoNHaZArD » November 29, 2015 6:03pm | Report
I appreciate this FAQ. I built my first Nazeebo guide yesterday and published it today. its still rough but it gets my point across!

thanks @all!

DMoNHaZArD
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheHereticOne » June 20, 2016 11:40am | Report
I still have not found out how to input the images that are like this http://www.heroesfire.com/images/guide/header-introduction-and-basics.png on my own -- I get the way to copy and paste them from other guides, but where did THEY get theirs from, if they did not make them themselves? If they did, how DID they do them? What would be the coding for it?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TheHereticOne
Notable (10)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crs Grim » June 22, 2016 6:00pm | Report
Do you mean what program they used for creating the image? I am guessing Photoshop.

Grim is a top rank Heroes player and guide creator. He has over 5600games played with Tassadar. So you can be sure you are getting quality content and info. Today, he is currently a free-agent looking for a pro team. Before he was a former member of TeamCurse Gaming and ZDK gaming.

Feel free to check out the guide:

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Crs Grim
Remarkable (33)
BattleTag:
twitch.tv/cozybison

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved