Heroes of the Storm Forums

Coding Help & FAQ

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » June 23, 2016 7:40am | Report
That's correct those images are made in photoshop.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Dash
<Community Manager>
Notable (10)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Light » March 13, 2018 1:13am | Report
Hello! So how to use the abilities and talents with duplicate names? I want Medivh's Force of Will and Temporal Flux, 1st of them is Artanis' talent, 2nd is Li-Ming's. I can post the URL, but how to place an image of required size and the tooltip for the ability? Tried different versions, can't achieve the effect of .

Light
Quote | PM | +Rep by miyari » March 13, 2018 6:52pm | Report
Hey there! Sorry you're having trouble; despite having just reworked Medivh, he still has talents with the same name as other Heroes. You can add these skills to your guide by using their ID or the last part of the Wikibase entry's URL within the double brackets, as outlined below. Unfortunately, I don't think you can actually SEE these IDs, so I've provided them below.

Simply put the number or URL snippet within the double brackets like you would a normal ability/talent name. Hope this helps!

Artanis
Force of Will = 1667
(or enter force-of-will-talent)
Force of Will

Medivh
Force of Will = 2076
(or enter force-of-will)
Force of Will
Temporal Flux = 3230
(or enter temporal-flux-medivh)
Temporal Flux

Li-Ming
Temporal Flux = 1887
(or enter temporal-flux)
Temporal Flux

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
miyari
<Community Manager>
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Light » March 14, 2018 12:16am | Report
Thanks a lot, the provided names helped me to solve the problem!

Light
Quote | PM | +Rep by LPFZ » April 2, 2018 2:54pm | Report
Hello, does coding here support HTML/css?

LPFZ
Quote | PM | +Rep by miyari » April 3, 2018 5:35am | Report
LPFZ wrote:

Hello, does coding here support HTML/css?

Welcome, LPFZ! Guide coding is done with BBcode only. You can check out the original post for tips on using the tags, most of which are similar to HTML anyway. If you have any questions on how do to something, please don't hesitate to ask!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
miyari
<Community Manager>
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Valhalen » May 17, 2020 10:01pm | Report
I've seen some guides making a Summary. How do you do that?

Also, is there a way to make a collapse/expand window of content?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Valhalen
BattleTag:
ElCid#11306
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 18, 2020 3:55am | Report
Valhalen wrote:

I've seen some guides making a Summary. How do you do that?

Also, is there a way to make a collapse/expand window of content?

Hey Valhalen!

What kind of summary do you mean, could you please send me a link so I can take a look?

As for your second question, you can use the spoiler tag for this.

Spoiler: Click to view

Code:
[spoiler] like this [/spoiler]

Let me know if there is anything else I could help with! :)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Hades4u
<Community Manager>
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Valhalen » May 18, 2020 8:23am | Report
Ohhh, thanks! That helps a lot. I didn't know there was a spoiler coding. Very handy!

The summary I'm talking about is like the one seen in BlueDuck's Deckard build, where he has a "Content" chapter with links for each other chapter that upon clicked automatically scrolls towards it.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Valhalen
BattleTag:
ElCid#11306
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 19, 2020 1:19am | Report
Valhalen wrote:

Ohhh, thanks! That helps a lot. I didn't know there was a spoiler coding. Very handy!

The summary I'm talking about is like the one seen in BlueDuck's Deckard build, where he has a "Content" chapter with links for each other chapter that upon clicked automatically scrolls towards it.

He added a new chapter and then copied the titles of all the others chapters, using a special code to hyperlink them easily. You can find the code he used below.
Code:
[goto=ch2][size=4]Who is Deckard Cain?[/size][/goto] [goto=ch3][size=4]Strengths & Weaknesses[/size][/goto] [goto=ch4][size=4]Abilities[/size][/goto] [goto=ch5][size=4]Talent Breakdown[/size][/goto] [goto=ch6][size=4]Conclusion[/size][/goto]

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Hades4u
<Community Manager>
Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved