Heroes of the Storm Forums

Do you think Heroes is dying?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » July 9, 2015 2:13pm | Report
Hi Guys!

Hammerbeard here again, and if you may not know I am the eSports Coordinator here at Gigabyte. I love to post on this forum from time to time to have an open channel to the community here.

Now the question, I have seen on other forums and from people in game that Heroes of the Storm is dying or at least will die soon.

I of course do not believe this, but maybe I am biased because I love this game too much. But I can see why people may think so. I would partially attribute it to the slow patches and balance updates. Do you think that if balance patches and new content (heroes or maps) came out more often people would not be so cynical about the game's future? Or do you have other theories as to why people seem to think that the game is dying?

Thanks as always <3
Hammerbeard

P.S. I recently hit rank 2 in hero league : D I have been solo queuing and I am very tired of not having a group to play with consistently. If there are any others who are looking for another HL guy to que up with send me a PM! I would love to get some games in with a good group, also I can fill.

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by Severage » July 9, 2015 3:04pm | Report
Really? Personally haven't heard anything about HotS dying or anything.

The development team has hired more people since the Beta, and have already sped up the process of adding more Heroes to the game, though the Balance Patches are coming at around the same rate.

I think they should stagger their Heroes and Balance patches, instead of doing them at the same time. It makes it 'feel' like the flow of content is faster. Especially since the balance patches aren't megapatches. They're just ordinary balance changes and tweaks to most Heroes. Sometimes a talent rework or two.

Not sure why else people would think the game is dying, but I've played dozens of MMOs and that's probably the most commonly heard phrase ("This game is dying because X") I've heard. Mostly just because people want other people to panic or frantically agree with them to make a point.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Severage
<Beta Tester>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Motions » July 9, 2015 10:50pm | Report
I haven't noticed it either. I just got Valla up to lvl 20 yesterday and going for another character to max. Has nothing to do with it but this means I still have a lot of fun with this game. I think that can count for others aswell.

There is also no long waiting time to get into games or something. So I guess this game will continue for quiet a while. What I did notice is this forum is not very active. On the other hand. The battlenet forum is.

Motions
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 1986 » July 14, 2015 10:27pm | Report
Quoted:
Now the question, I have seen on other forums and from people in game that Heroes of the Storm is dying or at least will die soon.

Don't worry, it won't. It has a quite large playerbase and I think it's impossible that this game will "die" in nearest future :)

Quote | PM | +Rep by GBT_Hammerbeard » July 15, 2015 9:15am | Report
Ya I'm not worried about it, I know heroes is going to be around for a long time with a healthy player base. I guess I have just been unlucky the past few weeks and have been playing with some real downers :/

GBT_Hammerbeard
Quote | PM | +Rep by marre2788 » July 15, 2015 10:08am | Report
seeing as Dota generally takes a few months to convert a hero from WC3 Dota -> Dota2, I do not think that the content is too slow. Infact seeing as i'm used to Dotas very slow content additions this feels like lightningspeed!

Doubt this game will die, only people who claim that would in my opinion be players that does not grasp the game and only loose because of this, and LoL/Dota group of players (Who might actually also be in Group 1 because "NO ITEMS?!?!?!")

marre2788
Quote | PM | +Rep by Darkrhin0 » September 24, 2015 10:21am | Report
A new hero every few weeks? Isn't that fast compared to the other MOBAs? Been a while since I've played LoL, but I feel like they were much slower and had less map variety.

Darkrhin0
Quote | PM | +Rep by snottyhamsterbutt » October 20, 2015 5:41pm | Report
I don't think that the game is dying or will die anytime in the near future. Since they [the Blizzard devs] are still making content for the game, I don't think anyone is going to leave the game in such a large mass in that the game will die. Until the developers stop adding more content (like a reduction in hero development or mapmaking), there will probably still be enough players for the game to be considered to be "not dead". I do wonder why it takes longer to queue for a game, but I am not sure as to whether it is because the game is "dying" or something that I am unaware of.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
snottyhamsterbutt
Quote | PM | +Rep by methusalix » November 2, 2015 6:32am | Report
I think you can recognize that there are not soo many players playing, when you get mixed with people of very different ranks.
And even though the World Championship is right now, I feel like here on the EU servers, this is happening more and more in the last few weeks.
My passion: Mechanical Keyboard - so satisfying to type :)

methusalix
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Goffterdom » November 8, 2015 6:34am | Report
40k / 70k viewers for the World Championship on Twitch. Not so bad.

I'd say the playerbase is not necessarily decreasing but it's just freezing.

I think Heroes of the Storm has a the potential to become the MobA leader on the market but it needs at least 1-2 years of hero addition / problem fixing to rise. In the meantime it will have to deal with the League of Legends dominance.

Goffterdom
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved