Heroes of the Storm Forums

Illidan gameplay?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnum990 » February 26, 2015 10:39am | Report
i'm new to the game... do you think illidan is hard to play? im thinking on spending starting gold on him.

Magnum990
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » February 26, 2015 10:46am | Report
Well, his abilities are not hard to use per say, but he's very fragile, so playing him does take some finesse. I don't believe he's beyond new players, but if you are new to MOBAs, heroes like Arthas, Muradin, Sonya, could prove easier to play, since they are more durable.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nighthawk » February 26, 2015 8:14pm | Report
It really depends on you as a player. I would wait for him to come onto free week (won't take more than a couple weeks).

I find him pretty easy to play, although some stuff takes some learning since he does have a high skill cap.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Odd Arcade » February 27, 2015 10:12am | Report
The thing with Illidan is taking the right build and knowing your limits, I think this is more stressed on Illidan than potentially any other Hero. Ide say after 3-4 games you'll start thinking "ohhhhhhhhhh okay" and getting a few good games in and it just gets better and more fun from there in.

The only problem when playing Illidan well is, on a loosing team you wont get much opportunity to do anything. An Illidan jumping into a loosing teamfight is a dead Illidan for sure. He doesn't have massive cc to pull off some crazy switcherooo and neither does he have amazing escape to get out of there after getting 1 kill.

So you'll be chilling back like "****, I cant do jack" and your team will be like "Ilidan bro, youve done jack all game" and meh

Odd Arcade
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnum990 » February 28, 2015 3:52am | Report
well, i think i wait some week to see if appears on free rotation, thank you all!

Magnum990
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dante » March 11, 2015 12:50pm | Report
When first approaching this guy, I would highly recommend taking all of the talents that sound like they enhance your survival. Then as you get better and better with him, start switching some out for the dps talents (if memory serves every single teir including ultimate teirs has both dps and survivability talents)

Personally, I have around 100 games logged as him, and even I do not go full damage unless my team claims a huge lead early on.

Dont expect to be the highest damage on your team, Illidan is an opportunist, that makes people regret being alone or not having stopped at that fountain recently. As such, you do NOT engage everytime you see someone, because like previous people have mentioned, hes made of friggin glass. The difference is between talent build goals, you can be a windsheild or a microscope slide (Ie surprisingly strong glass or sneeze and its broken glass)

Other things of use would be to find a friend who will play with your illidan as a tassadar. Those sheilds add incredible survivability to illidan. Especially if he gets the lifesteal sheilds itll take only a few seconds to top your HP off from surprisingly low.

Well, thats just my input though, grain of salt etc...

Dante
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Linn » March 25, 2015 11:46am | Report
Only thing needs to remember if this is your first time to play him, trying to keep alive at end of each battle. Don't rush into it.

Linn
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnum990 » March 25, 2015 1:00pm | Report
buy him some weeks ago, too awesome :)

Magnum990
Quote | PM | +Rep by Sunshinetrooper » May 7, 2015 4:21pm | Report
He's powerful in the right hands as he's a bit like a glass cannon, I dread seeing Id when I'm playing Sgt Hammer as its damn hard to hit with mines or pushback, however it is very noticeable when a new player/low skill person is playing - skills are spammed, turn around and kill poor Id.

Sunshinetrooper
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by fresh__fool » May 25, 2015 8:22am | Report
YOu have to know other heroes as well to use illadin. By this I mean knowing high value targts because those are going to be your targets in team fights. I like to wait in the back lines for squishy targets to take damage, then dive to finish them then disengage. You are going to be the teams chase down artist not the bruiser so just keep that in mind. He dies way faster than I origanally expected

fresh__fool

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved