Heroes of the Storm Forums

Illidan gameplay?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by fresh__fool » May 25, 2015 8:23am | Report
Dante wrote:

When first approaching this guy, I would highly recommend taking all of the talents that sound like they enhance your survival. Then as you get better and better with him, start switching some out for the dps talents (if memory serves every single teir including ultimate teirs has both dps and survivability talents)

Personally, I have around 100 games logged as him, and even I do not go full damage unless my team claims a huge lead early on.

Dont expect to be the highest damage on your team, Illidan is an opportunist, that makes people regret being alone or not having stopped at that fountain recently. As such, you do NOT engage everytime you see someone, because like previous people have mentioned, hes made of friggin glass. The difference is between talent build goals, you can be a windsheild or a microscope slide (Ie surprisingly strong glass or sneeze and its broken glass)

Other things of use would be to find a friend who will play with your illidan as a tassadar. Those sheilds add incredible survivability to illidan. Especially if he gets the lifesteal sheilds itll take only a few seconds to top your HP off from surprisingly low.

Well, thats just my input though, grain of salt etc...

fresh__fool
Quote | PM | +Rep by fresh__fool » May 25, 2015 8:42am | Report
Odd Arcade wrote:

The thing with Illidan is taking the right build and knowing your limits, I think this is more stressed on Illidan than potentially any other Hero. Ide say after 3-4 games you'll start thinking "ohhhhhhhhhh okay" and getting a few good games in and it just gets better and more fun from there in.

The only problem when playing Illidan well is, on a loosing team you wont get much opportunity to do anything. An Illidan jumping into a loosing teamfight is a dead Illidan for sure. He doesn't have massive cc to pull off some crazy switcherooo and neither does he have amazing escape to get out of there after getting 1 kill.

So you'll be chilling back like "****, I cant do jack" and your team will be like "Ilidan bro, youve done jack all game" and meh

well said, you will find yourself waiting in the backline and if your team loses a lot, you will be retreating a lot lol. dont expect to see huge numbers on hero damage every game, your a clean up and chase down artist.

fresh__fool
Quote | PM | +Rep by LevasK » May 25, 2015 12:48pm | Report
Please use the "Edit" option at the bottom left hand corner of your messages instead of making double, or in this case, triple posts.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LevasK
<Moderator>
Remarkable (29)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ThatGuy24 » May 30, 2015 9:16am | Report
When you are against a good illidan player though he can destroy you without breaking a sweat. especially against bad teams, he once cleaned out all five of our team solo because they were mostly useless tools.
Keep Calm and Praise your Sunbro!

ThatGuy24
Quote | PM | +Rep by DeMoN » June 4, 2015 10:11am | Report
This hero has really high "skill cap", if you are experienced and very good with him you can do miracles. And by that I meant something which is game-breaking like getting level 10 Metamorphosis and loading the dices in your favour in group fights.

But if you're still learninig you'll be dying, Illidan is very "weak" in terms of survival and you are probably the first one to kill in group fights.

DeMoN
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hurtzfield » June 7, 2015 1:39am | Report
/agree

Some fights he is brutally outgunned, depending on how well your team works with you in some situations.

For example, all of the skill in the world won't help you if your Diablo team member keeps knocking your target back into their base, or stunning them away from your towers.

Depending on the comp and how comfortable you are with your teammates, you can switch between a player killing machine, or an aoe gathering type of machine. For instance, gathering gems is much easier if you can manage to solo a lane yourself and have little interruption from the opposite team. If your team can keep them occupied, it's pretty simple to just aoe all the spiders down and turn in for massive bug slaughters.

Most of the time you will probably be going for the standard build setup. Globe Regen, Attack after dive boost, self-heal, meta/hunt depending on the map, giant, life steal, global hunt/perma meta. They're pretty much mandatory abilities in almost every situation. Very few times will I switch some of them out. I have in the past just to see if things have changed but not really enough to justify the loss. Seasoned Marksman seems okay at first, but the globe regen is too useful when you get into team battles early/mid game. Late game it does work really well if you can manage to get it over 15 to 20 bonus. But by that time you might just be under powered compared to your teammates, and would be better to have survivability to get those assassination attempts in on the healer/target enemy.

Hurtzfield
Quote | PM | +Rep by GiGGa » June 9, 2015 10:17am | Report
Well, the new Butcher hero has been tagged as a "anti-illidan". Do you guys think with the addition of the butcher illidan might lose his usefulness?
(A bit off the original topic but just wondering seeing as you guys are talking bout illidan)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
GiGGa
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jawajosh » June 11, 2015 11:14pm | Report
I wouldn't say his abilities are hard to use, but it's hard to figure out when to attack and when to back off. Illidan is a very fragile character, and it's tricky learning how to time his abilities correctly. The way I see it, is you sort of act as a chaser, you pick off the people who are low on health and running away from the fight. Ideally you want to use you abilities to stay close to your target, while hitting them as much as possible.

Hello! I'm Josh and I make videos on My own YouTube channel and Another called ToasterChimp. Check them out!

Jawajosh
Quote | PM | +Rep by Controlit » June 18, 2015 1:56pm | Report
Here is a gameplay from illidan, its my channel and if you like it, you know what to do :D
Just click on the Channel on my signature :D
www.youtube.com/c/controlit - Check it out :D

Controlit

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved