Heroes of the Storm Forums

Thrall's Earthquake replacement suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by sui_cho » July 25, 2016 6:40am | Report
If Sylvanas' Possession heroic is replaced by a much more useful Mind Control, why isn't Thrall's Earthquake replaced by something else more useful? Feel free to post your suggestions and comments here.

Here's my suggestion:
Quoted:
Earthgrasp (placeholder name)
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Trap target enemy hero in a giant rock hand, rendering them unable to act for 5 seconds. At the end of the duration, a lightning strikes the target for (1000 + 4% per level) damage and stuns them for 1.5 seconds. Allies of the Hero can attack the hand to break it and free them early.
Keep in mind that the target can be healed when being trapped.
Quoted:
You Chose Your Own Destiny
The giant rock hand by Earthgrasp traps the target for 2 seconds less, where the lightning will strike sooner. Also, the target can no longer be healed by their allies.

Those are my suggestions, much better than Earthquake, isn't it?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
sui_cho
BattleTag:
Sergio#4120
Quote | PM | +Rep by methusalix » August 16, 2016 1:14pm | Report
So he can be attacked while being trapped too? Because then it definitely seems a bit overpowered to me.

But I don't know, I actually kinda like earthquake anyway. I don't think we really need a replacement, they just need to tweak it a litte, like add some damage or utility and it might be a very good skill.
My passion: Mechanical Keyboard - so satisfying to type :)

methusalix
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Demolij » September 12, 2016 12:24pm | Report
I don't think Earthquake needs to be replaced, it's a super iconic ability and a callback to WC3. It's pretty dang strong too, I've picked it up on occasion and the slow it provides is really good. I just wish it dealt some damage or something, because somehow a non-damaging ability can kill enemies in his trailer, but nooooo.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Demolij
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by hawkray » September 21, 2016 12:12am | Report
I think maybe it can get a damage over time, or maybe some good old armor shred.

Check my Twitter to see incoming activity or to chat!
Twitter

Click here for Kharazim's Bizarre Adventures

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
hawkray
Remarkable (22)
BattleTag:
Hawkray#1300
Quote | PM | +Rep by ToastySMOrc » October 25, 2016 1:42am | Report
That actually sounds really good. What about a heroic that has more focus on Single Target hero Damage?
On second though he doesn't need any more dueling capabilities.
Maybe summoning a legion of Orcs to fight for him? I mean he is the Warchief and everything.

So it'd have a longish cool down and it would summon 4 Orcs. 2 Melee Orcs with Thrall's Windfury ability and two Ranged Orcs that cast Chain Lightning once in a while and do ranged AAs. They would last like 15 seconds maybe?

ToastySMOrc

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved