Heroes of the Storm Forums

Why do people hate on Raynor?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on HeroesFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ojarikk » July 11, 2015 9:46am | Report
Hello, long time reader, first time poster. I play Raynor a lot, not because I cannot play other heroes, but because I genuinely enjoy playing him. Many times I am hated on for not taking the immensely more popular Kaelthas or Jaina, who by the way I own both of and play both well. Many times at the end of the match I am top or near top DPS for ours or both teams depending on if my team wins, with few deaths, assuming my team was not steamrolled. When I recently looked on HoTSLogs, Raynor has a higher win rate than many other heroes, including Valla, yet no one blinks an eye if Valla is chosen first, but pick Raynor first, and watch the hate pour in. My question again is simply WHY?

ojarikk
Quote | PM | +Rep by BadSquid » July 11, 2015 1:12pm | Report
I think the problem stems from Raynor being the hero played during the tutorial, giving him a reputation as a "noob" hero.

Personally, whenever I encounter Raynor on the enemy team, he wrecks me if I'm not careful. Especially early game.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BadSquid
Quote | PM | +Rep by MeatHeadMikhail » July 11, 2015 5:36pm | Report
Raynor is awesome if played right. Also, he's a direct counter to Butcher (think about it).

MeatHeadMikhail
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LadyJoe » July 25, 2015 6:12am | Report
Raynor is my main hero, I enjoy every game I have with him and I honestly can't get the hate ... My friend and I the other day were playing a game after a while of him not playing. He told you still playing that noob heroe !? And that noob hero ended up the game with 0 deaths and a mega kill ...

LadyJoe
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fishtacos » July 28, 2015 10:31am | Report
Problem with Ray is he brings little in competitive play. One of his main damage skill pushes back the enemy which causes a lot of problems.(knocking them back from a AOE alt or move, Target is about to die but gets knocked back from the team and escapes).If you limit this skill then you just rely on your auto attack dmg which then you just contribute to 1 target and no aoe. He is a great hero in random QM or random HL games though but team vs team much better choices then Ray. That's just my opinion.

Fishtacos
Quote | PM | +Rep by Leedanbo » August 14, 2015 3:44am | Report
Fishtacos wrote:

Problem with Ray is he brings little in competitive play. One of his main damage skill pushes back the enemy which causes a lot of problems.(knocking them back from a AOE alt or move, Target is about to die but gets knocked back from the team and escapes).If you limit this skill then you just rely on your auto attack dmg which then you just contribute to 1 target and no aoe. He is a great hero in random QM or random HL games though but team vs team much better choices then Ray. That's just my opinion.

In general I agree with you here. Ray more often messes combo's up with the knockback than he does good. However You can also save allies with the skill. Hence the inspire is a big plus for you and the rest of your team.

I actually think that most people forget how much damage Raynor can actually deal.

Leedanbo
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jayfayce » August 14, 2015 9:31pm | Report
Leedanbo wrote:

In general I agree with you here. Ray more often messes combo's up with the knockback than he does good. However You can also save allies with the skill. Hence the inspire is a big plus for you and the rest of your team.

I actually think that most people forget how much damage Raynor can actually deal.

I agree with both points here. I love Ray, although I just started using him recently only to finish one of the quests. He kills it. He does a lot of damage — and he does it quickly, which makes him a good fit for new players (I could care less who anyone plays, lol).

His cons can definitely outweigh his pros, and you'll see a lot of that with newer players...
Mostly with the timing of his knockback. Like, why would anyone knock an enemy away from his team (that URKS me.)

jayfayce
Quote | PM | +Rep by Silent Storm » October 23, 2015 3:05am | Report
In my experience Raynor can be a very valuable hero if the person playing him is competent. When built right he's an AA beast and can quickly knock down most heroes with his autos and inspire abilities. In my opinion most of the hate comes from the fact that people just see him as a noob character whether it be for the fact that he is classified as an "Easy" hero or because he's your character in the tutorial. Or maybe becuase he has a very small range of skills. Honestly with most people you just give the something and they'll find something to hate about it.

Silent Storm
Quote | PM | +Rep by Catnium » November 28, 2015 3:46pm | Report
for the same reason they hate on abby or valla or nova or communism or atheists
because they don't understand

Catnium
Quote | PM | +Rep by methusalix » November 28, 2015 5:09pm | Report
is this Raynor hate still a thing? Cause here on the EU Servers, I haven't seen it for a really long time. But maybe it also wore off while climbing higher in the rankings ^^
My passion: Mechanical Keyboard - so satisfying to type :)

methusalix
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

HeroesFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite HotS hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 HeroesFire | All Rights Reserved